Tempered glass screen protector

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
IMG_20140605_231442.jpg
I think camera screen protector very bad. It is finger print magnet. Very hard to clean compare to screen.

IMG_20140605_231527.jpg
Slightly lifted near front camera :(

And I hate cutting shape at bottom side.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think camera screen protector very bad. It is finger print magnet. Very hard to clean compare to screen

Have you tried turning the film over? I found it weird when I first placed mine. I wiped it and it was sticky. Then I took it off and turned it over and found out I placed it with the adhesive side up. I used some tape to take out the lint then placed it back correctly then now the outside is smooth and easy to clean.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That not adhesive side. My picture show finger print and need micro cloth to clean properly. If use finger or normal cloth, become oily.
Before use this protector, I can just wipe using my finger or my shirt before take picture.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That not adhesive side. My picture show finger print and need micro cloth to clean properly. If use finger or normal cloth, become oily.
Before use this protector, I can just wipe using my finger or my shirt before take picture.

Is it smooth when you glide your finger over it? Because mine's smooth and if I accidentally touch the lens I can easily use my shirt to wipe out of needed. It doesn't catch fingerprints easily

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes it smooth. Actually I also apply 1st pcs reverse which is sticky. This is second one. 1st already remove. I mean can clean finger print using shirt but not very clean. If you check certain angle, can see the oily stain remain. Can remove using proper cloth.

Trench Mouth

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I ordered one from Nilkin. it is cut and tapered at the bottom because of the curvature of the screen. otherwise you are left with an overhang. I use a case so that should cover some of the original screen not covered due to the Nilkin taper. We'll see, will update.

Posted via Ballsak Impression

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
ordered the dayjoy one for my 1520, only one i could see which wasnt bizarre shape and is also tempered, time will tell when it arrives, i would like the camera protector bit, so may order the nilkin just for that ;)

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the nillkin so when I get it I will post my review. I just like that it comes with camera lens protection (even though I have a pretty bad scratch already, luckily its only in the black area around the lens)

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
ordered the dayjoy one for my 1520, only one i could see which wasnt bizarre shape and is also tempered, time will tell when it arrives, i would like the camera protector bit, so may order the nilkin just for that ;)
I just ordered it also. Just ordered a 1520.3 too,,,lol

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Got my DAYJOY protector and slapped it on. This thing is slick! It has not hampered the touch response or visibility at all!
Being I bought the phone out of contract, I feel much better about having this glass protect the screen than any other plastic/urethane PET/AR protector.
At least this one will absorb an impact much better than a plastic one.
For the protection and the peace of mind it offers, I can definitely live with the edges not making 100% contact.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my DAYJOY protector and slapped it on. This thing is slick! It has not hampered the touch response or visibility at all!
Being I bought the phone out of contract, I feel much better about having this glass protect the screen than any other plastic/urethane PET/AR protector.
At least this one will absorb an impact much better than a plastic one.
For the protection and the peace of mind it offers, I can definitely live with the edges not making 100% contact.

Pics! Please

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Is that little lifted at screen edge around the screen?

I'm using Nilkin but the bottom shape haunting me to peel it off. That shape cut too much I think. I can see my screen not covered properly (not black area).
Sent from my RM-937_apac_malaysia_941 using Tapatalk

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's not lifted, the tempered glass is perfectly flat. It's just not making contact on the edge due to the curved glass on the phone. My case has a little lip on the screen side, so I don't even feel it.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It just needs getting used to. When you first install it or even see it the bottom looks funny. After some time it doesn't become annoying anymore
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo