Does Your 1520 Have the Touchscreen Sensitivity Issue (swipe detected as tap)?

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone use Nokia recovery tool reset via computer? Does it fix this issue?
There is no known long term workaround for the issue. The only option is to return the phone and hope the replacement is better, or wait for a future firmware update that may or may not help.

Planet X

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
For me after updating to WP 8.1 DP disable Glance fixes the issue completely. But why I cannot have Glance? Please Nokia fix it :crying:

grc7777

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
For me after updating to WP 8.1 DP disable Glance fixes the issue completely. But why I cannot have Glance? Please Nokia fix it :crying:

are there any other issues in 8.1 after upgrading it ?
I am thinking of updading it...no glance is better than this issue

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had my 1520 for a couple weeks and have seen this thread. I have not voted and have not really read about this issue. I do not seem to be having any issues. However, I am afraid if I vote it will start happening or it is doing it and if I read about it I will notice it and it will bother me. In my case ignorance is bliss.:asleep:

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Yup,I have it on mine too.
It's aggravation,but,I like the glance and double tap to open.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

jwilljesse

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
hello all,

I changed to another screen protector today, and the Touchscreen Sensitivity Issue much better now..

if you have a screen protector on your 1520, try to have another type of screen protector to see if it will help :wink:

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
PSA - The Nokia Touch App was updated today. Haven't seen a change log yet.

I didn't see this update come in. Maybe because I have my phone set to auto-update apps (WP8.1) but it is not showing up in the download history either. Is there a way to check what version of the Touch App I have?

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see this update come in. Maybe because I have my phone set to auto-update apps (WP8.1) but it is not showing up in the download history either. Is there a way to check what version of the Touch App I have?

System settings updates don't show in the history. One more reason for me to stick to manual updates.

One way to check if the touch setting was updated is to see if it's at the end of the the settings list. All settings that get updated are placed at the bottom.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

You can force Store to check for updates in WP8.1 DP by going to the Store App, selecting options (3-dots), Downloads, options (3-dots), Settings, and hitting the "Check for Updates" button.

Interestingly, the Touch App doesn't show up in "history" (even though I forced a download and watched it install, it isn't present in the History section. As MrGoodSmith notes, is seems to be by design) Given that it certainly does make it difficult to ascertain version....

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
OK 3 days in, it's better but not perfect. From a purely subjective standpoint it feels about the same in WP 8.1 DP with Wednesday's Touch-App update as it did prior to my installation of 8.1 DP.

It would be pure speculation on my part but I'm guessing that one of Nokia's "patches" was broken with the Developer Preview and the Touch-App fixed it. But it sure would be nice if Nokia was a little more transparent about the issue.... :eck:

Last edited:

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I had very little false tap troubles with mine pre-8.1, the first day with 8.1 had no problems, then after a reboot or two it got progressively and significantly worse until the latest Touch update. Since Wednesday, I could probably count the number of false taps on one hand.

g4mbl1n

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 1520.3 last week and even after the touch update I'm still having some issues with it.. Mainly just from scrolling on the start screen and after exiting apps there is a delay before the touch is recognized again (that might be only after the phantom touch happens). Turned off auto brightness and put it to medium, turned off sunlight readability, touch sensitivity is normal, glance and double tap to wake are off. On WP 8.1 not sure if that's one of the problems but I'm really hoping this irons itself out in the next few updates.

g4mbl1n

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with the problem tried locking screen orientation? Seems to be working so far for me.. One can hope right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05