Does anyone have ZERO problems with their 1520?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm just still looking for an excuse to buy it while holding out hope that it'll work flawlessly. Has anyone been able to enjoy their 1520 sans screen sensitivity, bright spots, etc.? Also if you don't mind, where did you buy it and how long have you had it?

Thanks

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I own a L920. I used to think that all L920s had issues like mine, especially when reading the forums here. The thing you need to understand is that people come to this forum when they have issues. Some people come here who are not even WP users just to stir things.

So to answer your questions, it's highly likely that there are many people who are quite happy with their 1520. You just never from them.

Also, unless you're buying unlocked you can always get a replacement.

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
i came to this forum to know more about my device way before i purchase it. i ended up returning my phone due to white dot. the sim/sd door are flimsy and wiggle giving the feel of a low end device rather than a premium one.

nokia QC is the worst and the design for the components is so bad that i never heard about the flawless device. there is a very long list of issues that makes it impossible to find lumia 1520 that is flawless...

i am very disappointed

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I own a L920. I used to think that all L920s had issues like mine, especially when reading the forums here. The thing you need to understand is that people come to this forum when they have issues. Some people come here who are not even WP users just to stir things.

So to answer your questions, it's highly likely that there are many people who are quite happy with their 1520. You just never from them.

Also, unless you're buying unlocked you can always get a replacement.

I get what you're saying but the 1520 issues seem to be a bit excessive. I've been on this forum since the pre-Lumia 900 days and in fact started the bug/defect thread for the Lumia 920. My 920 ended up being fine, only issues were related to some early WP8 bugs (not the hardware). I got the feeling that there were numerous defective units but I never got the feeling that nearly all were defective in some way like I do with the 1520.

I'll be interesting to see how many people have a 1520 working 100% the way it should be.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've seen several of these threads, and invariably a few people post that they have no problems and then a couple post that they have problems. Here is one:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/274097-positives-about-1520-a.html

You probably just need to make your own decision. Not trying to be harsh, but the reality is that life is like a box of chocolates. FWIW, I have read a lot here at WP Central about the 1520 because that is the most likely upgrade phone for me, and I have reached the opposite conclusion that you have--I do not think the 1520 has any more problems than any other Nokia WP8.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've seen several of these threads, and invariably a few people post that they have no problems and then a couple post that they have problems. You probably just need to make your own decision. Not trying to be harsh, but the reality is that life is like a box of chocolates. FWIW, I have read a lot here at WP Central about the 1520 because that is the most likely upgrade phone for me, and I have reached the opposite conclusion that you have--I do not think the 1520 has any more problems than any other Nokia WP8.

Thanks for your input. Not harsh at all, I'm looking for honest feedback. The only thing I'd disagree with is that there have been many of these threads. I've only seen ones discussing general or specific issues. Those are innumerable. Haven't seen threads yet collating users who have actually not had any problems with their device. I think it'll be good information for us all to see how many on here don't have any of these myriad issues. None have chimed in yet confirming as such about their unit, though I do expect at least a couple.

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My first 1520 had a bad screen back light issue but was replaced no quibble. This was less than 2 weeks from purchase so rightly so. The second one had been fine up until last week when it started failing to charge or charging erratically. However, multiple tests, charging from low remaining battery % and charging over USB (500 mA), powered USB (1.0 A) and a bigger USB charger (2.0 A) it has charged absolutely perfectly. So in short I believe the problem is with the charger supplied, hopefully I can find out by sending my phone and charger off to Nokia and see what they say.

If that is the case, then the phone has been perfectly good. Odd software glitch here and there which is MS/App Dev's fault and the slightly annoying habit of recording a tap instead of a scroll and odd auto-brightness behaviour are the only hardware issues I see daily and I presume those can be overcome with a little fettling of the firmware.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input. Not harsh at all, I'm looking for honest feedback. The only thing I'd disagree with is that there have been many of these threads. I've only seen ones discussing general or specific issues. Those are innumerable. Haven't seen threads yet collating users who have actually not had any problems with their device. I think it'll be good information for us all to see how many on here don't have any of these myriad issues. None have chimed in yet confirming as such about their unit, though I do expect at least a couple.

I edited my post to add a link. Good luck!

junglescope

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I had a green spot on my screen but it was extremely subtle and only noticeable with full brightness in a completely dark enviroment. Other than that, no issues.

Since I've updated to 8.1 though, I experience stuttering and lag in the animations and loud speaker popping.

edit: Jk, I also had the mp3 duplicating issues, but I've solved that now and it's a WP bug not specific to Nokia anyways.

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't believe anyone who says they have a 1520 without having ever experienced the sensitivity issue. I'm not saying people are lying, although invariably some will, but the fact is that a lot of people are used to similar effects coming from older Android devices, others simply don't use their phone enough for them to really notice (there are people here which have their 1520s last several, as in more than two, on a single charge for instance).

I happen to own two of these devices, one is an early Hong Kong unit, the other a later development handset. Both of these have the sensitivity issue, and it's as good or bad on both - simply meaning I can go an hour without noticing it, or I can go over a week. There's no real method to the madness, some days they just work, others they don't.

In the end though, the issue isn't bad enough that I'll consider returning it/them. There's no alternative to the 1520s at this point in time. Have you first gotten used to the size there's no going back.

Mario Flamenco

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 1520 since January and have had almost no issues, before upgrading to DP I had no problems with it, when I upgraded I've only seen one problem with the power button when bring the phone back from stand by, but so far that only happened once and was fixed by restarting the phone. Also, I have the RM-937, bought it from amazon.

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I own the 1520 now and came from the 920. I like everything about the 1520, it is really a great phone. If I had to mention the ONLY issue I have had is the low-light picture quality. The 920 is simply better. Yes that can be attributed to the firmware update for the 920 and the future cyan update for the 1520 with fix it but I wanted to mention my one only issue.
PS - yes I have the Dev 8.1 update and it does drain the battery so I guess that would be my only other "problem" but then again it is a developer edition...... so that should/could be expected.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't believe anyone who says they have a 1520 without having ever experienced the sensitivity issue. I'm not saying people are lying, although invariably some will, but the fact is that a lot of people are used to similar effects coming from older Android devices, others simply don't use their phone enough for them to really notice (there are people here which have their 1520s last several, as in more than two, on a single charge for instance).

I happen to own two of these devices, one is an early Hong Kong unit, the other a later development handset. Both of these have the sensitivity issue, and it's as good or bad on both - simply meaning I can go an hour without noticing it, or I can go over a week. There's no real method to the madness, some days they just work, others they don't.

In the end though, the issue isn't bad enough that I'll consider returning it/them. There's no alternative to the 1520s at this point in time. Have you first gotten used to the size there's no going back.

I don't think any phone, no matter what the make will have zero issues.

Invariably when you look at any website like this one the majority of post will be problems. I look at websites like here the same way I look at trip advisor website when I'm looking to book a hotel or holiday. I take the best 10% of posts promoting the place and the bottom 10% and discount them.

The reason I do it is because no matter what your dealing with you will get some that will say it s great and some that will say it is rubbish. Each have their own reasons for doing so and a LOT of the time it is not a true representation of the facts.

You can see people on here that do nothing but complain about the phone and a lot of the time you have a fair idea that they are talking cr@p.

You also have to remember that it is in the best interest of some people/companies that people think that another company making or providing a device or service think that their competitors are not good. Some I'm sure will come along and say it doesn't happen but it does. Every company does it even Microsoft, did you see the videos of them looking fun at Google and apple.

At the end of the day you have to take everything with a huge pinch of salt when your looking at stuff like on here.

As for me I have had some touch/swipe problems with my phone but they were rare. I also have had a few different problems after downloading 8.1 but have now cleared up and to me the phone is better now than before 8.1

If anyone can give me a phone that has no problems what so ever and is perfect in every way I will gladly give you ?20,000 in the morning when the banks open. I'm afraid that phone doesn't exist.

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I have had no problems with my 1520, now my 920 was a different issue, I went through 3 of them I had to replace them for different reasons, the first out of the blue everytime I tried to connect it to the computer to load music the transfer would fail 50% of the way through, I talked to nokia and ms they both just had me replace it. Next one worked great then 3 months in I started getting a lot of crashing apps, specifically the ms apps mail messaging calendars. I would reboot it would work fine for an hour then start getting weird. my third one was fine. My friend had a ton of hardware issues with his tmobile 925(I think) it would just randomly reboot, he replaced it and same thing.

now my 1520 has been great so far, the 8.1 preview is good buthas caused some issues but its a preview so I expect it.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For the record I do not have any problems with my zeros see: 000000 The screen is a little sensitive, but so is my wife, but it doesn't bother me a bit. You just got to know how and where to touch her, err I mean it. 😍

richhill963

May 21, 2012
Visit site
my 1520 Ive had for over 2 months, its worked like a champ so far, its a red model from AT&T, before this Phone I had Nokia Lumia 900 it was excellent besides a few software issues that were fixed with updates in the beginning. very satisfied with Nokia Phones. I hope that I don't gather bugs with 8.1 update, I'm waiting for the actual update not the beta.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I really appreciate everyone's feedback. As I mentioned in another thread, I took the plunge and ordered two 1520s today, one for me and one as a gift for my mother. Hope to report back with good news.

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I originally had a white ATT 1520 that was bought at the beginning of the month. That had a lot of random restarts and it taking me to Bing search every couple of minutes.

So had that replaced by att and have been using a replacement for well over 3 weeks and have had ZERO issues so far in terms of operation. Have an SD card loaded with apps and content. Also have upgraded to 8.1... Oh yeah, I'm currently visiting India where the weather is averaging 104F and everything is stable in terms of battery. The screen is gorgeous under the sunlight and a pleasure to use the camera. Edit: I noticed the sensitive screen in the defective unit, haven't so far in the new one. Maybe the newer batches have rectified it.

The only minute concern I would have is with the nano SIM tray... It is a bit flimsy, but they are using apples tech on that. (Noticed this with my first 1520 also)

I'm coming from a 920, 925, and 520. I gave up on the 920 after several returns, that phone was a dud. I expect this to be just as sturdy as the 925 and 520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)