Will Cyan fix scrolling stutters in non-OS app?

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most of my non-system apps have stutters when scrolling. There are only a few exceptions. Will cyan fix this or is this a non-optimized WP 8.1thing?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've found this weird as well. In Windows Phone 8 no matter how many apps I had installed or how many apps I had pinned to the startscreen my Lumia 520 would always load the UI pretty quickly.

I believe that maybe the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 may bring some performance improvements to the table.

Lumia Cyan has more of a focus on camera improvements.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It gets even worse when you scroll and keep your finger on the screen. Reading articles and comments in apps like Nextgen Reader, Weave, Theverge (Parkash) scrolling is like 10 fps or something like that. While it's super smooth on the Surface RT with the hated Tegra 3.

It's the same with all web browsers (except IE), scrolling is terrible if you have your finger on screen while moving it.

I don't think it will be fixed with Cyan. =(

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If cyan doesn't correct a lot of the stuttering I might have to switch to something else. I love the phone but between this and the screen sensitivity issue I'm pulling my hair out. My 520 is smoother at most things.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It gets even worse when you scroll and keep your finger on the screen. Reading articles and comments in apps like Nextgen Reader, Weave, Theverge (Parkash) scrolling is like 10 fps or something like that. While it's super smooth on the Surface RT with the hated Tegra 3.

It's the same with all web browsers (except IE), scrolling is terrible if you have your finger on screen while moving it.

I don't think it will be fixed with Cyan. =(

Yep. I agree completely although I will say that I don't think windows 8.1 is so great at scrolling with the finger either. When I go from my iPad to my sp3 I notice it immediately. Its completely smooth when you flick the screen though. The framerate drops with a finger on the screen but not nearly as bad as with the 1520 though.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well just upgraded to cyan and while it made a difference in a few apps most are still stuttery. Maybe WP is still having issues with the resolution of the phone. Don't know for sure.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well just upgraded to cyan and while it made a difference in a few apps most are still stuttery. Maybe WP is still having issues with the resolution of the phone. Don't know for sure.

Those are app issues, nothing to do with the OS..
On my 1520 I had stuttering issues in the WP Central app. When this was updated recently, all stutters disappeared.

The OS cannot be held responsible for older or badly written apps.......

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why its so difficult to design a smooth scrolling app on WP? I'm definitely not a developer but I almost never see an IOS app that doesn't have smooth scrolling. It most be harder with WP for some reason.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Sadly no one cares about it. Everyone keeps saying windows phone is so smooth. But when it comes to third party apps it's not.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I think it's because nextgen and others use the WebBrowser Control. If so it will be fixed if they update the app using the new control in 8.1 WebViewControl, it has super smooth scrolling with or without finger on screen. :)
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Sadly no one cares about it. Everyone keeps saying windows phone is so smooth. But when it comes to third party apps it's not.

I agree. A typical one is Here maps. Panning on my 1020 is really lagging. As well as zooming. With WP8.1, sometimes going back to the start screen can see tiny stuttering. MS seems to screw up with WP8.1 again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium