Screen Sensitivity Issue Status in Cyan (1520)

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I see that Cyan is rolling out in some countries now. Could anyone confirm for me if the screen sensitivity issue is fixed or still occurring please? This issue often used to disappear and resurface a few days later after a restart, so I suppose we cannot be completely sure yet. But would be interested to hear people's experiences so far.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd be shocked if this issue has disappeared. If it wasn't a hardware issue I believe it would've been resolved ages ago.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have just updated to 'official' 8.1/Cyan. My 1520 did have screen touch issues, but these seem to have been fixed.
Nothing I tried before could completely eliminate this. Now it has disappeared completely. Well done MS!!!

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have just updated to 'official' 8.1/Cyan. My 1520 did have screen touch issues, but these seem to have been fixed.
Nothing I tried before could completely eliminate this. Now it has disappeared completely. Well done MS!!!

It has been the case that after updates and/or hard resets the issue goes away for a few days and then returns with a vengeance.

I would wait a couple of days and then celebrate.

This coming from someone (me) who has waited 6 months for a resolution to this issue so as to dive in and buy (again).

In my case accurate feedback and not cheer-leading is preferable.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It has been the case that after updates and/or hard resets the issue goes away for a few days and then returns with a vengeance.

I would wait a couple of days and then celebrate.

This coming from someone (me) who has waited 6 months for a resolution to this issue so as to dive in and buy (again).

In my case accurate feedback and not cheer-leading is preferable.

Well I appreciate your points, but I'm celebrating now, as the whole of Cyan is better. Much, much better than the DP. I have been using it non stop today and have yet to have a phantom tap. Within 5 minutes of installing the DP, phantom taps showed up.

My 'accurate feedback' is that, for me the screen sensitivity has disappeared. Whether you believe me or not makes no difference to me, and frankly, due to your condescending tone, I don't give a ****!!!

As the old saying goes... YMMV!!!!

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So now with Cyan update the 1520 is running smooth without any problems? Do you notice any difference on the battery?

I have always had good battery life with my 1520 anyway. As I have only installed Cyan today, it will take a few more days of using and charging before the true battery performance becomes apparent....
The thing is if you use Whatsapp or FB Messenger, your battery will get destroyed anyway. Nothing to do with the OS at all.
I have seen a few posts bemoaning battery life on the 1520. Using apps wisely comes with experience. Knowing which apps consume **** loads of battery is a start to getting good performance.
Until Whatsapp and the like are updated specifically for 8.1, I would steer clear, just in case....

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Im happy for you specially for the scroll/tap issue. I think that was the biggest problem. Have noticed any improvements in the reception signal? Wifi to? Some people had low reception, i really hope that it has improved. If those boring issues are gone, now i think that Nokia as a so called high end device.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This would be wonderful news but considering all of the previous false alarms, I can't help but withhold enthusiasm for a few days.

L1520

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Long time lurker just signed up to let everyone know the issue is indeed NOT resolved

Lumia 1520 - Hong Kong RM-937 - flashed with GBIE rom

Last edited:

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Before 8.1 preview, I used to have some issues with screen sensitivity. I haven't had that problem for the most part since 8.1 preview and black and whatever updates come with it. The only phantom thing I get is random camera launches!! I hope that's also fixed with cyan...
Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

bungknees

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Long time lurker just signed up to let everyone know the issue is indeed NOT resolved

Lumia 1520 - Hong Kong RM-937 - flashed with GBIE rom

I have been running cyan for over a day now, and not had any tap issues. Used to get it very often on dev preview. So if it isn't completely fixed, they've done a dam good job improving it. Cyan is well worth the downgrade, wipe, and re setup. Camera is very good at low light, and Nokia camera is a lot quicker to. Loving it

mikhail-el

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I am not familiar with the sensitivity issue, are you referring to the gloves-on touch capability? If so I do not know because I have disabled it. I find the feature more annoying than useful - I find its accuracy terrible. Anyway I now live in the tropics so I have no use of that feature anymore. Other than that I did not have the touch/sensitivity issue prior to 8.1 and I do not have it now that I have the updated OS. It has always been smooth for me.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3