Just updated my phone to Cyan!

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
every lumias used to become hot while using dp 8.1.....does the issue still persist after Cyan update??

every smartphone to be exact unless they have radiators built in. :) Even old dumb phones also heat up if you talked too long. That's why polycarbonate is still a better choice for phone i/o metal.

Tarik Aziz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
every smartphone to be exact unless they have radiators built in. :) Even old dumb phones also heat up if you talked too long. That's why polycarbonate is still a better choice for phone i/o metal.

I know every phones heat up....but my phone heats up quite often and with minimum usage while using dp 8.1....but it was fine in windowsphone 8....though not that much difference...😊

brendonlee

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with getting repeat texts in group texts? For example, I'll send a text, then get my text a new message. Just started after installing cyan - do didn't do it before

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
After updating the lumia cyan, a lot of the apps feel smoother, like the IG app seems to now have smoother scrolling, and the webpages open up a tad but quicker, but there is one persistent bug when I press the home button, there seems to be a jutter in the animation that I did not have in the DP which is really annoying. I am considering to do a hard reset if this bug continues to persist, because other than that the entire os with the cyan firmware seems to be quite smoother.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
After updating the lumia cyan, a lot of the apps feel smoother, like the IG app seems to now have smoother scrolling, and the webpages open up a tad but quicker, but there is one persistent bug when I press the home button, there seems to be a jutter in the animation that I did not have in the DP which is really annoying. I am considering to do a hard reset if this bug continues to persist, because other than that the entire os with the cyan firmware seems to be quite smoother.
I had that "jutter" you're talking about with the dev preview. Had it mostly remedied in the official release. Not sure what it is, but it is annoying. But like I said, it improved some with the cyan rollout.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I still have the developers edition but not Cyan yet. Any word on if the battery life is better on Cyan? My main 2 issues are on developers preview the battery life lasts 30% less time, and Skype crashes a lot, especially when accessing it from the notification center.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily a change, but you still can't pin Cortana to the home screen without getting a long loading screen when waking up the phone.
This happened to me once today. Was wondering what it was since I never experienced it with WP8. Just updated my 1520 to WP8.1 yesterday, so I'm new to 8.1 and Cortana. So far I've only gotten that loading screen once, but if it persists I may have to unpin Cortana from the start screen until there's a fix.

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me once today. Was wondering what it was since I never experienced it with WP8. Just updated my 1520 to WP8.1 yesterday, so I'm new to 8.1 and Cortana. So far I've only gotten that loading screen once, but if it persists I may have to unpin Cortana from the start screen until there's a fix.
Yea, unpin it. It will drive you crazy. At least until they figure out what the problem is, and fix it :)

asylumxl

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm quite happy the popping sound when scrubbing through videos is gone, but rather disappointed the static sound is still there when using Whatsapp/Nokia Camera etc.

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Everything is smoother than what it was in the DP, except for 3 bugs, with 2G missing (being on H all the time sucks the battery up), the battery saver brightness option not dimming the screen and disabling the button LED's (very irritating when watching a movie) and some Cyan wallpapers not setting at all. I'm thinking, should I hard reset using the three button way or via about phone? I flashed the UK CV ROM on a Philippine RM-937.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb