Who here uses a case and why?

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yup! The buttons do need a tad more finger pressure but I got used to it. But I don't know you realized this or not, when the 1520 is used without a case, the buttons seems more flimsy and wobbly when pressed.

Freud Polyne

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I use one but sometimes I take it off for a week or so just for the feel of the phone without it and that makes me feel like it was still new

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I use the slim case by Nokia for my 920. I use it to protect from minor scuffs but also to make the screen leas likely to crack (since most breaks don't come from direct force but the resonance frequency traveling into the glass the small bit of cushion can help in most cases and has).
I hate cases normally but you cant even tell the phone has one on when its on my phone.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I didnt like the way it looks on the phone and actually made it pretty bulky.

Wasnt much of a fan and wish I researched a bit more before buying.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I use a Nillkin Matte Hard Case Cover with a Sinjimoru B3 Stick-On Wallet. Now instead of carrying a wallet and a phone I just take the phone.

DSC02844.JPG

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I use an Mpero hybrid kickstand case and the L1520 cp-623 protective cover (less often)
IMAG0009.jpgIMAG0011.jpgIMAG0021.jpgIMAG0022.jpg

I use the Mpero case to avoid being the guy telling this story:
temporary.jpg

And I use the cp-623 case mainly just for fancy and only if I'm in a very calm environment.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
That ^ would be me!

This is my case for my Stormtrooper 1520...
View attachment 79110
View attachment 79111

Why? Because I shattered the screen of my Darth Vader Black 1520 a week ago without a case...
View attachment 79112
So for peace of mind, decided to protect my new replacement White 1520 with a transparent rubberized casing. The case also give me a better and reassuring grip when holding it in my hand.
Cheers !!!

What dock is that?

Last edited:

farhadtarapore

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
This is my case for my Stormtrooper 1520...
View attachment 79110
View attachment 79111

Why? Because I shattered the screen of my Darth Vader Black 1520 a week ago without a case...
View attachment 79112
So for peace of mind, decided to protect my new replacement White 1520 with a transparent rubberized casing. The case also give me a better and reassuring grip when holding it in my hand.
Cheers !!!

Hi can you please tell me which case this is? And does it protect the screen well?

I had shattered the screen of my 1520 once and had to go with the Niilkin Flip cover. But the flip cover is a gigantic pain in the .. hand. Would appreciate a link where I can buy such a case.

The other case I am considering (not of the flip cover kind) is the MPero impact hybrid. But there are reviews on Amazon saying that the case rubber is too sticky and makes it difficult to put in the pocket or pull out.

I'm just wondering - is there a case that can
a) protect the screen from shattering (utmost importance)
b) convenient to use (doesn't increase the bulk of the already big phone and simple to pocket)
c) looks decent (looks don't really matter, but nice to have)

Thanks.

arunsandeep

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I use capdase folder case
020762396846.jpg

the best case so far (for me)

keeps my mind at peace not having to worry about bumping into something or about the surface I put the phone on

but I have 1 issue with this...changes the shape of a phone completely!!!

I want a case which can display the phones bright colors at the same time offer screen protection using a flip cover or a bulge around the screen to protect it and protection for the camera lens.

so far I did not find such a case....

looking for something like these for my 1520

flip-tpu-case-for-galaxy-s4-transparent-a6403-500x500.jpgT-iP5C-1004G-5__Transparent-iPhone-5C-Flip-TPU-Case.jpg

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a Nillkin case on my L520. Dropped it accidentally today morning from the bed. Not a scratch. Not on the case and definitely not on the phone. I'm glad I got the case to protect my phone.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a Nillkin case on my L520. Dropped it accidentally today morning from the bed. Not a scratch. Not on the case and definitely not on the phone. I'm glad I got the case to protect my phone.
I would be disappointed if L520 was damaged after a fall even without a case.

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I know. But hey, you never know. It's a smartphone after all with no gorilla glass. Gone are the good days of feature and basic phones from Nokia. I threw my phones at the wall out of anger, stepped on them, accidentally let them fall on the stairs and still they would show no scratch. And the battery 🔋. OMG. They would last forever. Sigh!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077