Weird 1520 problem

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
For about a week or so now I've been having issues with my 1520. At random times the screen will start shaking as if it's trying to scroll two directions and it will sometimes randomly click things on the screen. It pulls up Cortana alot and the capacitive buttons will stop responding all together. It only stops when I press the power button to turn off the screen but it just randomly starts later. I've tried a soft reset and that did nothing. Anyone have this issue before and have any idea what is causing this?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
YES YES YES!!! This is exactly what it's doing. Is this a common problem? It never did it until now.
I never heard of any before mine. But someone posted a poll about a similar problem which may or may not have been related to bending the phone since some said it came and went when they put pressure on certain parts of the phone.

zain1986

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I haven't sent it for repair yet. Iam waiting for a model which is free from this issue so i can get it replaced. Also i have yet to try hard reset, which solved the problem for some users.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I haven't sent it for repair yet. Iam waiting for a model which is free from this issue so i can get it replaced. Also i have yet to try hard reset, which solved the problem for some users.
Hard reset did nothing for mine. Neither did NRT. I bought mine from B&H 5 weeks before the problem started. I showed them a video of it and ordered a replacement with a refund for the original when it got back to them. New one's fine so far (just a few weeks now) and the refund went smooth.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset did nothing for mine. Neither did NRT. I bought mine from B&H 5 weeks before the problem started. I showed them a video of it and ordered a replacement with a refund for the original when it got back to them. New one's fine so far (just a few weeks now) and the refund went smooth.

You used a different phone to record it?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
After putting up with this issue for a few more weeks I finally caved in and got a new phone. Hopefully this replacement will fair better. It seems that the issue was due to the screen flexing but that's just a guess.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
After putting up with this issue for a few more weeks I finally caved in and got a new phone. Hopefully this replacement will fair better. It seems that the issue was due to the screen flexing but that's just a guess.
That's is a common guess and I don't question that it could be a cause but mine was never flexed and developed this problem to an extreme instantly and permanently at the end of running a benchmark program. So in my case at least, it suggests that some marginal component overheating is most likely the cause. I originally thought it might be some kind of malware because the benchmark app started running immediately after a soft reset! Now I think it was just luck since one of the symptoms of this problem is any program could get selected and started from the random imagined inputs.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
That's is a common guess and I don't question that it could be a cause but mine was never flexed and developed this problem to an extreme instantly and permanently at the end of running a benchmark program. So in my case at least, it suggests that some marginal component overheating is most likely the cause. I originally thought it might be some kind of malware because the benchmark app started running immediately after a soft reset! Now I think it was just luck since one of the symptoms of this problem is any program could get selected and started from the random imagined inputs.

I only say that because I could purposely make it do the problem by applying pressure the screen. It was doing it by itself even when I didn't apply pressure though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea