Why is my Nokia Lumia 1520 Battery Depleting?

JDsLumia

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
So I am having an issue with my Nokia Lumia 1520 and its battery. There are some days I unplug it at 100% and within 20-30minutes it has gone down to 80%, typically it is pretty hot during these moments. But most days however, no matter what i do it drains 8%-10% and hour even if I let it sit there. I uninstalled facebook messenger, I don't have whatsapp, and I have limited other background tasks. At one point I even turned off Cortana, and even though the standby time increased, it really didn't make that much of a difference. I am really hoping that this is a hardware defect or it will be fixed with a software update solution. In the mean time did anyone else solve this issue? Hopefully someone can help me. Other than this crazy battery issue, I love this phone. This phone will be a gift from heaven if this battery problem can be solved.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Something is stuck running in the background probably.
Go to Battery Saver and see which app is using the most power - likely the culprit.

Try a soft reset. Hold power and volume-down until it restarts to the Nokia splash screen. This is a temp solution.

Ultimately, this battery draining/heating issue appeared to stop for me after a hard reset essentially - I used Nokia Care to install Cyan. Restored from backup and all seems good for the past month.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Screen brightness maybe, set it to automatic and adjust brightness in settings to low. Also don't let IE run in the background. As a test.

sschevy010

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Really don't think its screen brightness.. I'd check battery saver like other post stated... I have my 1520 screen brightness on high at all times and i can get 23 hours out of battery of my normal use... never had to plug phone in for at least 18 hours from unplugging it... I have always kept ontop my battery saver

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue on mine, went from 2 days easy on a charge just a few days ago to less than 24 hours from 100 to 0%. :(

I'm on the latest developer preview, could be something there. I think it might be related to a live tile. I'm going to start removing some to see if that helps. I fear it might be Cortana as I add more for it to keep track of. I'm also going to turn of "4G" (LTE) and use 3G only for a while.

STXVI

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue and a host of other issues on my 920 after the Cyan update. I never was able to identify the culprit, but I finally gave in and did a phone reset...that fixed everything. I just think that the phone doesn't always accept the update, so you either have to reinstall or take it back to its root.

Korlon

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I had battery issues for about a month similar to yours. The battery would drain very quickly running moliplayer pro, just as a point of comparison before the issue I could play MP3s throughout a 12 hour shift and end with my battery still at around 50%, when the problem arose my battery couldn't make it through half my shift.

I used Nokia Software Recovery and reinstalled the last update. Why? Well it was a last ditch effort and it was around the time I dumped the developers preview that this started. It seemed to work as my battery is lasting much longer.

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, accompanied by really wonky display issues. Soft reset did nothing. AT&T suggested a hard reset, which only slightly improved battery life and the temperature issue.

When I called the next day to report the dismal results they agreed to send me a warranty replacement. The new (actually like new refurbished)1520 is snappier and the battery is giving me over 24 hours of heavy text, email, calls, and moderate music playback, on a single charge.

The caveat is that after they receive your original device, then they decide if the normal wear and tear is considered "excessive" and if they'll charge you full price for the new device.

Best bet is to call AT&T warranty department. The number and "before you call" recommendations are on the website.

Good luck!

sschevy010

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, this may help ya... I recently disabled Location services... and gained 8 more hours on top of my regular drain... can get nearly 2 days out of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3