IE and 1520 page rendering

David Ibarra2

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Since upgraded to CYAN, websites such as The Verge and others like Android central do not render properly.

The Verge page would continuously reload and on Android Central the content does not fit the screen

Is this an issue with IE on wmp , I tried multiple pile settings with no luck

It seems also that IE gets very confused with the advertisement banners that seem to float on the page even on this website

Thoughts??

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Will be fixed with Update 1 and Denim. If you can't wait, the Dev Preview brings GDR1 and webkit rendering for IE

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Incompetent web developers assuming the whole internet is webkit and coding to its proprietary quirks instead of w3c standards.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I cannot read quoted message on the GSMArena comment page as well using IE11. I have no such issues on my Nexus 7 with Chrome. Seriously, is already the 11th iteration and IE still sucks till date. This is really disappointing. MS still can't get basic apps like browser, music and video players well on Windows Phones.... Sad.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I cannot read quoted message on the GSMArena comment page as well using IE11. I have no such issues on my Nexus 7 with Chrome. Seriously, is already the 11th iteration and IE still sucks till date. This is really disappointing. MS still can't get basic apps like browser, music and video players well on Windows Phones.... Sad.

Relax. Wait till the GDR1 update. The problem is most web developers write code for webkit browsers and are too lazy to code for other browsers. That's the problem. MS added the webkit engine detection with next update. Remember, you can get this update now with developer preview. If not, it will roll out officially in next few weeks with denim firmware/gdr1

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Relax. Wait till the GDR1 update. The problem is most web developers write code for webkit browsers and are too lazy to code for other browsers. That's the problem. MS added the webkit engine detection with next update. Remember, you can get this update now with developer preview. If not, it will roll out officially in next few weeks with denim firmware/gdr1

My 1520 is already running WP8.1 GDR1. And it is still not working. Not pinning any high hopes at all with how MS works with things.

IanMcB

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
With the Developer Preview some sites (android central is one example) do not render properly.

wp_ss_20141024_0001.jpg

Windowscentral renders correctly

wp_ss_20141024_0002.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb