How do I add a credit card to Wallet on ATT Lumia 1520?

avinash573

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Adding credit card to Wallet on ATT Lumia 1520

I just went to the ATT store and got a secure SIM card for my Lumia 1520. But I still don't see an option to add a new credit card in my Wallet app. Am I missing something?

I am on Cyan with the latest developer preview.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Adding credit card to Wallet on ATT Lumia 1520

You can add a cc through your microsoft account.

Open ie in desktop mode, then goto https://login.live.com and sign in with the account and password you use for your phone.

Select billing, (you may need to use an authentication code to access the account info
Authenticator | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Then select payment options, then add payment option and enter your cc.

avinash573

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I know I can add it online on microsoft account. But should't I be able to add it in the app on my phone? I have seen screenshots of the app with that option enabled.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

You seem to be mistakenly thinking that Wallet on Windows Phone supports NFC payments. It does not.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

In short, yes. The Secure SIM itself does nothing without some sort of payment system in place.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

AT&T secure SIM card is for use with ISIS payment system which bills to your carrier account, rather than external CC, IMO. But WP currently lacks any payment system (other than one with certain French carrier). So, all this is moot at this point. There was a talk about ISIS release an app for WP and it did happen last time I checked.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

ISIS (now rebranded as SoftCard) is a consortium made up of T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon in the US. They offer NFC payments with participating banks and retailers (a half assed number for both) and don't support WP.

Google eventually redid Wallet to bypass their BS, and Apple has gone their own way as well.

MS simply crippled Wallet in 8.1 to require separate apps for everything as the silofication of WP continues.

I wonder how the camera on that Z3v will be...

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site

ISIS (now rebranded as SoftCard) is a consortium made up of T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon in the US. They offer NFC payments with participating banks and retailers (a half assed number for both) and don't support WP.

Google eventually redid Wallet to bypass their BS, and Apple has gone their own way as well.

MS simply crippled Wallet in 8.1 to require separate apps for everything as the silofication of WP continues.

I wonder how the camera on that Z3v will be...

I anticipate that Apple Pay is going to finally make NFC payments commonplace in the US. Unlike some little app, paying with your phone is a major feature and if Window Phone and Android don't get a similar system in place many people like myself will switch. I hope the people at Microsoft realize this.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

if Window Phone and Android don't get a similar system in place

You didn't know that Android has actually had this system in place for almost 2 years? It works exactly like Apple Pay as far as the vendor is concerned. Granted, it has not been widespread. Android, in spite of its numbers, does not drive the market like Apple does. I've been using Google Wallet tap to pay at drugstores and McDonald's (and a few other miscellaneous vendors that have NFC terminals) for over a year and a half already. However, it will take Apple to make it mainstream.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Apple isn't making this main stream. Apple was just slick enough to wait until cards legally have to have smart chips/NFC in 2015.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site

You didn't know that Android has actually had this system in place for almost 2 years? It works exactly like Apple Pay as far as the vendor is concerned. Granted, it has not been widespread. Android, in spite of its numbers, does not drive the market like Apple does. I've been using Google Wallet tap to pay at drugstores and McDonald's (and a few other miscellaneous vendors that have NFC terminals) for over a year and a half already. However, it will take Apple to make it mainstream.

I didn't know about Google Wallet. So is Windows Phone currently the only OS without a working payment system?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

I didn't know about Google Wallet. So is Windows Phone currently the only OS without a working payment system?
yup.... Softcard (isis) still says it's coming.... but they have been saying this for well over a year. Microsoft should just do it themselves (like Google and Apple) since Softcard seems to be doing a whole lot of nothing.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

yup.... Softcard (isis) still says it's coming.... but they have been saying this for well over a year. Microsoft should just do it themselves (like Google and Apple) since Softcard seems to be doing a whole lot of nothing.

And what's interesting is that Softcard is basically worthless now. Apple never did and never will need them. Google deprecated tap and pay in any ROM < KitKat, which is where Softcard was needed. KitKat and any future versions don't need Softcard. Which means that it's not used in Android either. So what exactly is Softcard doing now?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

And what's interesting is that Softcard is basically worthless now. Apple never did and never will need them. Google deprecated tap and pay in any ROM < KitKat, which is where Softcard was needed. KitKat and any future versions don't need Softcard. Which means that it's not used in Android either. So what exactly is Softcard doing now?
Actually, wallet was blocked on android pre kitkat due to carriers... google added host card emulation and well, yeah, softcard is no longer really needed on android. So, as people start upgrading from phones that don't use kitkat, softcard will have less and less use. Since a secure element is needed, microsoft could go the google route or help softcard out NOW. Also, softcard is VERY limited to card support..... if you don't have an amex, chase or wells fargo card, you'll have to sign up with amex's serve card and link that to your bank or credit card....

or do what apple did and work with Visa to get it done.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Actually, wallet was blocked on android pre kitkat due to carriers... google added host card emulation and well, yeah, softcard is no longer really needed on android. So, as people start upgrading from phones that don't use kitkat, softcard will have less and less use. Since a secure element is needed, microsoft could go the google route or help softcard out NOW. Also, softcard is VERY limited to card support..... if you don't have an amex, chase or wells fargo card, you'll have to sign up with amex's serve card and link that to your bank or credit card....

What you said is mostly correct. Google removed the tap and pay feature from Wallet in any device not running KitKat (and later). This means that Softcard is not needed on any Android, since you can't even use tap and pay in Jelly Bean or earlier version ROMs, which is where it was needed.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

been a while since i used it tap and pay on android (2012 Nexus 7, which I sold earlier this year) so, my memory was a bit hazy....but, the overall point is there... Softcard so far is the only choice US WP users have to look forward to and they seem to be doing a whole lot of nothing. About a year (give or take) of saying "it's on the way" and nothing beyond that. No screen shots, no updated information, nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3