Nokia 1520 with Denim Installed

Jeremiah Kreider

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
So this is my story. I have always had the scroll tap issue on my 1520 but this week, it was so much worse than what it was. It would open Cortana and type randomly for me and open and close apps by itself. The phantom tap issue is real. That's not why I'm writing this though. I went to my local AT&T store and the lady smirked when I pulled my 1520 and I explained what was wrong and that I tried to use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to fix it but the phantom taps were still there. So she erased everything and downloaded the "factory firmware currently offered for Windows Phone 8.1" which I just assumed was Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1. It wasn't. I got home and started looking through my settings because on the default start screen for the factory reset was a title folder. I thought this was strange because I didn't download the DP app or updates since the AT&T rep wiped my phone only 45 minutes earlier. There was a folder there for Music and Videos. So I went into extras and info and it says Lumia Denim!!!!! Some how the rep installed Denim onto my phone and there's things I didn't recognize from Cyan. I'm confused and excited at the same time. I'm guessing that the Denim and 8.1.1 updates for the 1520 are coming soon. As in real soon. So yeah Denim is sweet!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
REBOOT your phone & see if it still says DENIM ...

there was a thread about false Denim coming in Extras & Info

Alternatively, I'm backing up & getting down to my AT&T store - let those smug reps earn their keep.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i'd ask you to post a screen shot, but your post count to date
won't allow it. i'd have to guess that it's a fluke. afaik, denim is not out yet.

Jeremiah Kreider

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure they messed up. The default start screen, as in the one that came the very FIRST time you go through the phone instructions and set up, has a live folder with stuff in it. There was no DP installed, non of that, as in when the rep first did the set up with me, she didn't install DP, there was only the software she flashed to my device. There's no mistaking that I have Denim. That rep for AT&T messed up but my phone isn't.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Something smells rotten here. If I had Denim, I would be screaming from the nearest roof top and posting pics to show I had it.

Not buying this troller.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
afaik, denim is not out yet.

This is correct. I know this because I picked up a used 930 yesterday but returned it due to a Scratched screen, so even on the CVGB 930, Denim isnt due next week, so far 930s had the incrimental Cortana update, but not denim.

I think its only available through DP, but we may not see final Denim release till November/December

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaning toward the explanation that phantom taps are physical design problem, One guy said its because of the flexing! I tend to agree, now I just kind of bend the phone the other way and it goes away for a while. (Don't try it yourself my screen is damaged already so I don't care)

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Im sure the phantom tap is not hardware related... I had 30 days old 1520, which is NEVER put in my pocket the screen towards my leg (which has been said to cause it), when I noticed this problem. However I had the problem. Then I noticed my screen was not in level with the housing, so I took it in to repair. The glue had given up from the right side of the screen and the whole screen was replaced in warranty. The problem was there again even though I was super duper careuful how I put the device in places. Im sure its a screen sensitivity issue with drivers etc SW.

Last edited:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
you do not have Denim.
Go in About (in settings) and tell us your os AND fw versions.
I'm pretty sure you only have gdr1.
I understand you have installed DP before handing your 1520 to AT&T. Depending on the reset they operated, maybe it hasn't wiped your os update. A hard reset does not erase os updates for instance.

So please share your os and fw versions, we'll discover, I'm sure that you have Cyan and gdr1.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
you do not have Denim.
Go in About (in settings) and tell us your os AND fw versions.
I'm pretty sure you only have gdr1.
I understand you have installed DP before handing your 1520 to AT&T. Depending on the reset they operated, maybe it hasn't wiped your os update. A hard reset does not erase os updates for instance.

So please share your os and fw versions, we'll discover, I'm sure that you have Cyan and gdr1.

That is correct. When I got my ATT 1520 the person who sold it to me had gdr1 and developer preview. A wipe just removes all the user data and developer account. GDR1 will still be there along with the false Denim mention in extras and info. My phone had a lot of stability issues after this and restoring it removed all the old developer updates.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
my Lumia 920 DP has Denim too.
i reboot it and still.
i got the weather glance screen. isn't this for Denim ??

No that was a Glance update for phones with 8.1 only

and you only have the WORD Denim your phone doesn't have the firmware.
Do a factory reset and you'll see it gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3