Soft Card and Lumia 1520.3

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a 1520 a month ago to replace a 1520 that I shattered the screen on. I am assuming a 1520.3 is the most recent version of the phone? How do I know if my phone is a 1520.3?

Also, since I got my phone a month ago , do you think I have an enhanced sim card or is it something that I definitely have to go in and ask for?
Thanks guys!

1520.3 isn't like a software advance. It is a model variation. It differs in the radio hardware/firmware and the default language/region setup.

If your phone is branded AT&T it is NOT a 1520.3. 1520.3 is a Factory Unlocked model sold as country variant in several Latin America countries and initial setup starts up in Spanish...

If you want an enhanced SIM you need to ask your carrier for one specifically. If you are on AT&T, you need not only the enhanced (or secure) SIM, but also a branded phone. Soiftcard will not download to an unbranded phone on AT&T's network.

There is no where in the settings on the phone which specifies which variant of a phone you have but only that it is a 1520 but you can check the box it came in and see if on the bottom it says it is in fact the 1520.3. Also you can check on the back of the box if it has qi wireless charging. Another way to test it would obviously be to place it on a wireless charger and see if it starts to charge. Also if you take a look at the back of the phone itself there should be no metal contact points just above the speaker grille on the bottom which is specific to the regular 1520 from att and is not found on the 1520.3. Regarding the sim, you can try installing and setting up your softcard account and if you do not have an enhanced sim it will come up with an error screen saying to get one. Hope this helps

There is a place to check in settings.

Settings > extras + info > start of the second paragraph is Manufacturer Name
  • RM-937 is "global" or European
  • RM-938 is Latin America (the 1520.3 "unicorn")
  • RM-939 is the non-LTE release for China and Asia
  • RM-940 is the AT&T model

​Your other checks are all valid... and add that if it only has 16GB internal storage, it MUST be AT&T - although some black AT&T RM-940s got 32GB as an extra price upgrade.

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a place to check in settings.

Settings > extras + info > start of the second paragraph is Manufacturer Name
RM-937 is "global" or European
RM-938 is Latin America (the 1520.3 "unicorn")
RM-939 is the non-LTE release for China and Asia
RM-940 is the AT&T model

whoops youre right. forgot about the extras+info down at the bottom

Soiftcard will not download to an unbranded phone on AT&T's network
I have an unbranded 1520.3 and am on ATT network with an enhanced sim and it downloaded without issue. However I am unable to actually use it because during the registration it comes up with the previously mentioned error.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Brandon. I thought other users with 1520.3 reported they could not download.

Out of curiosity did you download from the store, or install the .xap from your SD card?

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if I could use my ATT branded 925 on T-Mobile with a enhanced T-Mo SIM? Hmmmm.

What a cluster, it's like they are actively trying to make NFC payments a complete failure outside of the iPhone...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if I could use my ATT branded 925 on T-Mobile with a enhanced T-Mo SIM? Hmmmm.

What a cluster, it's like they are actively trying to make NFC payments a complete failure outside of the iPhone...

Nope...

The carriers blocked ALL tap-to-pay. They did not want to be cut out of a slice of that pie.

Google found a workaround, then Apple did as well. Hopefully Microsoft will come up with a system of their own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs