I got Denim updates in my Microsoft Lumia 1520

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you post a screen shot of your about screen?
There is a bug in the extras + info app that incorrectly reports you have denim, I have a Lumia 920 and intermittently my extras & info screen will show this:
wp_ss_20141025_0001.png

Most likely you have the bug not the Lumia Denim update.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
You don't have Lumia Denim. Go in Settings, About, and tell us the version of OS and FW.

Besides, even with Denim, you need Lumia Camera v5 to get the new camera features.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20141120_0003.jpgwp_ss_20141120_0004.jpg

but there is not showing denim updates in Extra info so would you like to tell me how to confirm is this denim updates?

Last edited by a moderator:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Remove your imac/imei as realwarder said plus everything indicates you have Cyan.

So when nothing says it's Denim, it's easy: it's not Denim ^_^

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
geoghotas...

You are on the Preview for Developers. You have 8.1.1 we can all agree to that. It shows in your OS version number. Fine.

Denim is Lumia Firmware (just like Cyan) and Lumia Firmware CAN NOT, WILL NOT, WON'T EVER be part of the P4D program. P4D lets you Beta test advances in the core OS. Firmware brings advances to your specific hardware and optimizes the core OS to run on your device.

You don't have Denim. You can't have Denim. Denim has not rolled out for ANY 1520 anywhere in the world. If any 1520 has it, it would be a developer phone for use by Lumia engineers building firmware and that phone would be linked to an exclusive and secure Lumia server for in-house use only. No one outside Lumia would have access to that Beta firmware. Under penalty of copyright violation.

The rich camera and other tweaks you are looking for are still in the future for the general 1520 user population.

If you got on the P4D program to get Denim, you are only fooling yourself. If you are not qualified to act as a Beta Tester and do not understand the program, you really should not be on it. Revert your phone to stock 8.1 + Lumia Cyan and wait patiently. Denim will roll out when it does and no sooner.

Don't post your IMEI on a public forum. There are people out there who clone phones and you put your device at risk in other ways as well.

Why do you think your text conversation and phone call history prove you have Denim? Why post that at all?

Slow down a moment and read up on some things. Research should come before action, not simultaneously. Modifying your phone without understanding the mod is never a good idea. This is not Android, filled with hacks and shortcuts. I would hate to see you bork your new phone because you want it to do things it simply will not.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
sir where should i sing up for deim pd4 kindly send me link but i am registered with developer id

What part of no one has it now for 1520... No one is getting it early on 1520... NO ONE CAN GET IT TO YOU for 1520... Do you NOT Understand...

What are you not comprehending about NO DENIM FOR ANYONE WITH 1520 YET, NO EXCEPTIONS?!?!?!

There are not ANY users who have Denim on 1520. No one is KEEPING IT SECRET FROM YOU on how to get it. IT IS JUST NOT THERE FOR ANYONE on 1520.

​I do hope that is more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs