What is a good selling price for the unlocked AT&T 32GB L1520?

rocwest

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Need advice on selling price for unlocked AT&T 32GB L1520

OK, I'm selling my unlocked (byAT&T) 32GB L 1520 which is in super condition. I have everything that came with the phone including the supplied charger has never even been used and is still bundled up. I'm tired of the issues that come with syncing on my Macs...and now after installing Yosemite I can't sync at all, never mind the clunkiness and limitations I've always dealt with. It's an issue a number of us have and there's no fix in sight so I'm reluctantly moving on. For purposes of eBay and Craigslist, what should I ask for it? (I'm not the greedy type, if that helps). TIA all. I'll be back with WP sometime in the future but absolutely need to do something about this now. And no well-meaning troubleshooting advice now please, I'm done with this combo for now.

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Need advice on selling price for unlocked AT&T 32GB L1520

Swappa should give you a good price, I just picked up my second rm-938 for $415(mint condition), the AT&T version will sell for a bit less

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Stay away from eBay. They really have ramped up fees and you just loose out on too much of the price. They charge you a percentage on shipping. Ticks me off because I charge people $5 for Priority Mail and at the post office I pay $8 or more. I then have to pay eBay a percentage on a loss leader. Stupid and greedy. Look at eBay closely. It's all people running businesses in bulk now. Individuals are getting squeezed out by the pricing.

I do look at eBay for price comparisons only. Also look at Swappa for current prices. Consider posting on Swappa. I'm glad I joined (worldspy99 recommended it) as I sold a phone fast and at a fair price when I used them.

Also try the Marketplace here... There is lots of interest in RM-940. You know it would be going to a fan at least!

All that said - If you have the wireless charger and charging case (it's unclear from your post what type of charger you refer to) $425 - $450

Without a wireless charger and charging case $400

You didn't mention any accessories like protective case(s), body armor, screen protectors... Include them in the description and add no more than 50% of what you paid for them into the price of the phone.

I know AT&T charged you considerably more for the phone if bought off contract. However, it is used. I looked up some pricing before writing this post. I think it also takes a hit due to RM-938 pricing for BNIB and the number of those used units now selling.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

You guys are a bit optimistic on pricing, good luck getting more than $300. That's the problem with windows phones, great for buyers, bad for sellers. Average price on swappa between 260-280. What they ask vs what you get is what to look at. Nice phone, i want one.

rocwest

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Hey all, thanks for the replies. I didn't know Swappa existed so I'll throw it out on there later. I assume the average selling Swappa price to reflect a 16GB L1520 in Good condition so in that context, it's not too surprising. We shall see...

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Whatever you do dont sell on eBay. Fees are way too high there. Sold one item and won't sell anymore

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Whatever you do dont sell on eBay. Fees are way too high there. Sold one item and won't sell anymore

I've sold somewhere around 70 phones on eBay. Yes, the fees bite, but you also have a huge market which means you'll likely get a little more for your sale. Everyone knows about eBay, but how many people have heard of Swappa? Here's one example:

I didn't know Swappa existed

Plus, selling on eBay is hassle free compared to the others. You list it, it sells and the buyer pays with PayPal, and you ship. No haggling on price. No contact at all is necessary in most cases. There's a reason why eBay is popular.

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

Swappa is bigger in the XDA circuit now, i've bought 4 phones from them and sold 1 so far. All have been at good prices.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I got $275 for my unlocked ATT 1520 back in October. There isn't much interest in them unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3