Loose Headphone Jack?

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I was at the gym earlier today when I stumbled upon this problem. Whenever I move just a bit, the music will stop. I tried it when I was sitting still and the music didn't drop but when I continued on my workout, it started to drop the music again.

The funny thing though is that during my workout, like 30-45 minutes, it actually did not stop the music while I was doing extensive movements. It's strange. I'm not sure if this is a headphone jack problem or my phone sending me signals to do a hard reset.

Should I clean the headphone jack? I never had this problem before and my commute before I did my workout, it was running flawlessly.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like its a lose wire in the headphone to be honest. Have you tried moving and not moving just by using the phone speakers for music. That should solve if it to see if it is a faulty phone or (more likely) broken wire in headphones

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like its a lose wire in the headphone to be honest. Have you tried moving and not moving just by using the phone speakers for music. That should solve if it to see if it is a faulty phone or (more likely) broken wire in headphones

Thanks for the reply. It's not my headphones. I tried a different set and the problem still persists.. If I push my headphones down, the headphone connect and if I take my hand out it stops working..

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It's not my headphones. I tried a different set and the problem still persists.. If I push my headphones down, the headphone connect and if I take my hand out it stops working..

Just make sure you are pushing it all the way in, it will have a small snap to it and you'll be good. If this isn't the issue, you could just have a faulty headphone jack and need to send it out for repairs.

iSicle

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the same kind of problem with my 925, was out riding my bike and the music would stop randomly. Also tried it out with multiple headsets an headphones with the same result. Took it to a service center and they replaced the top connector assembly (headset jack, USB and SIM tray), haven't had any problems with it afterwards.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Just make sure you are pushing it all the way in, it will have a small snap to it and you'll be good. If this isn't the issue, you could just have a faulty headphone jack and need to send it out for repairs.

Thanks. It's definitely a problem for me. It got worse! I literally can't play music for more than 5 seconds. LOL. Charged my old iPod classic, thank God it still works. It's bothersome when running as I need to carry two devices at once since I use my phone as mileage tracker.

I had the same kind of problem with my 925, was out riding my bike and the music would stop randomly. Also tried it out with multiple headsets an headphones with the same result. Took it to a service center and they replaced the top connector assembly (headset jack, USB and SIM tray), haven't had any problems with it afterwards.

Thanks for this. I actually had it diagnosed earlier today. The service rep told me it will take 3-4 weeks for repair which I completely understand since parts aren't available and they need to get it overseas. I didn't have it checked in though since the holidays are coming and I need a phone.

Also, I need to replace the pockets of my pants. I need larger ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6