Blurry Images in IE on Mobile Sites

boomjosh

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice this? If you rotate the phone it fixes itself, and displays the images as normal. I THINK it is only on mobile type sites but could be mistaken. It is like its rendering a tiny version and scaling it up to fill the screen. Which is kind of how mobile sites work on hi res phone displays but the images don't get reentered, they stay super blurry... its more than annoying since it makes reading sites like anandtech impossible!

Any ideas?
I assume its on all windows phones but most noticeable on this one.

miguelsantos

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice this? If you rotate the phone it fixes itself, and displays the images as normal. I THINK it is only on mobile type sites but could be mistaken. It is like its rendering a tiny version and scaling it up to fill the screen. Which is kind of how mobile sites work on hi res phone displays but the images don't get reentered, they stay super blurry... its more than annoying since it makes reading sites like anandtech impossible!

Any ideas?
I assume its on all windows phones but most noticeable on this one.

Blame websites for lacking optimization

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Try disabling or changing your DataSense options. DataSense really rocks if you have to watch your data, but it will pixelate and scale-down resolutions of images and video in order to cut back on data.

It really is effective, but if you want things to be clear, just switch off the feature.

boomjosh

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
This has nothing whatsoever to do with DataSense, which is set to OFF.

Neither is it a website issue - it's a WP browser issue and it did NOT used to be this way. I am quite frankly completely miffed that I can't find anything about it online... It's a huge glaring issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3