How to flash Finland rom in my Indian L1520 to get Denim right now.

crunkizzlekid

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your cooperation everyone, I've successfully flashed the Finland Rom on my L1520, and so happy to have running the Lumia Denim right now. Have a very good holiday season to you all. Hallelujah!

Last edited:

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wait instead of being so impatient.

I'm sure a few weeks of waiting won't hurt. It's not as if you're going to die because your phone doesn't have the latest update...

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Nobody would recommend this. Denim just has a few camera improvements, waiting few days for it would be good. Don't be so impatient.

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I think its wrong of you guys to accuse him of being impatient. There are valid reasons why you would like to do this as soon as possible, like the rumored fix for the phantom taps which has been bugging the 1520 since launch. And it is possible with Nokia PST, and I would've done it myself, but does not work on Windows 10 TP.
Of course there's always a risk, but that it's up to the user if he wishes to do it or not.

I will add in some links to this post as soon as I'm by my computer, that will show what's needed for this.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think its wrong of you guys to accuse him of being impatient. There are valid reasons why you would like to do this as soon as possible, like the rumored fix for the phantom taps which has been bugging the 1520 since launch. And it is possible with Nokia PST, and I would've done it myself, but does not work on Windows 10 TP.
Of course there's always a risk, but that it's up to the user if he wishes to do it or not.

I will add in some links to this post as soon as I'm by my computer, that will show what's needed for this.

Doing something as reckless as installing another country's firmware code on your own with risk of bricking it is impatient. Plain and simple. What's worse-- bricked phone or unable to use phone radios or fixing tapping bug that doesn't cripple the device?

Not being an *** just pointing out this is a really bad idea.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The one's who still want to flash should do it BUT they should not complain if the phone bricks during the process or that the rumored improvement don't work.
They have been warned enough.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Caveat Emptor.

Having hacked and flashed my way through lots of Android including flashing alternate Operating Systems like Ubuntu Touch, FirefoxOS and Sailfish onto Android hardware with and without multi-boot options... Having heavily modded on various webOS handsets... Having once jailbroken an iPhone for the experience and fought to get it back to stock for resale... I would say flashing a different ROM on Windows Phone ranks right up there at or near the top with risk for borking. Windows Phone just isn't made to be as open as Android. The tools to do so are a bit rarer than on the major two and to pick up and learn the skills a bit more arcane than they are for other Operating Systems. The tool kit itself (the NCS) is now an unsupported piece of software being taken off road when it was meant for the paved streets of commerce.

Still, I understand the urge. I just would never consider the benefit as outweighing the risks for myself. I'm happy to wait a little while.

For any who want to proceed in that direction; XDA is your friend - as it always is in these types of endeavors.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I did this with zero problems. Instructions are easy to follow on XDA. Flashed Finland Cyan ROM, enabled Preview for Developers and installed all updates up to the point where it showed no more updates are available. Then disabled Preview for Developers and checked for updates. It downloaded and installed Denim without any problem.

crunkizzlekid

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I did this with zero problems. Instructions are easy to follow on XDA. Flashed Finland Cyan ROM, enabled Preview for Developers and installed all updates up to the point where it showed no more updates are available. Then disabled Preview for Developers and checked for updates. It downloaded and installed Denim without any problem.

Did you notice any issues? BTW, which rom was installed on it originally, I mean county?
Thanks anyway for straightforward response.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...If done on win 8/8.1 disable driver signature...

Driver signature? I'm sorry, I didn't get that? A little more information perhaps?

That's a pretty common and basic bit of knowledge there, crunkizzlekid. Please try some more research into what you are trying out. Threads already exist here and elsewhere on how to do this entire process... I'm not sure this thread should be turned into a step by step mosh up how to... Please consider using existing sources of information.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Hi. Did you do this on an At&t Lumia 1520 or another device? I want to do it on my at&t 1520 but I'm not sure if it'll work.

crunkizzlekid

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
That's a pretty common and basic bit of knowledge there, crunkizzlekid. Please try some more research into what you are trying out. Threads already exist here and elsewhere on how to do this entire process... I'm not sure this thread should be turned into a step by step mosh up how to... Please consider using existing sources of information.
But I'm running Windows 10 TP, would that affect the process in anyway?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism