Backup won't work with the DP

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Like the title says, backup won't work in DP. I have had success with it before I installed it though. Has happened on two 1520s so far that are on DP. Has any one else heard of this problem, has anyone had any success fixing the problem?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been backing up with many dp versions(ever since black) almost one a month and never had trouble on my 620.
Is all 3 backups failing?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Like the title says, backup won't work in DP. I have had success with it before I installed it though. Has happened on two 1520s so far that are on DP. Has any one else heard of this problem, has anyone had any success fixing the problem?

If you're referring to the phone backup in the settings, there have been reports about this and several solutions. Unfortunately, the solutions don't always work for everyone.

The solution that worked for me was to delete the backups first, and then proceed with the manual backup. Of course one has to make sure that the internet connection is stable. The backup progress bar might appear frozen at times, but as long as you are not prompted with some error message the backup is still running and uploading your files. My L1020 took around 45 minutes to backup, for example... but that's just because I've got over 70 apps installed.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
If you're referring to the phone backup in the settings, there have been reports about this and several solutions. Unfortunately, the solutions don't always work for everyone.

The solution that worked for me was to delete the backups first, and then proceed with the manual backup. Of course one has to make sure that the internet connection is stable. The backup progress bar might appear frozen at times, but as long as you are not prompted with some error message the backup is still running and uploading your files. My L1020 took around 45 minutes to backup, for example... but that's just because I've got over 70 apps installed.

Thank you so much. This worked!

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I just tried this and all is well now. I had not been able to do a backup for 3 months. I am also hoping this sorts the issues with the WiFi passwords not syncing as well. Thanks for the tip as my next step was going to be a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills