[L1520] Denim Update......

bonghy90

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
No idea. Microsoft is keeping everyone in the dark here. They aren't like apple who pushes out an update globally. Microsoft has basically forsaken its own mobile platform. Hardly anybody buys a Lumia in Malaysia. I am one of the few left.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that Microsoft depends on the carriers to test and release the firmware to a specific device, unlike Apple that they design, test and releases directly to their phones. I really don't understand why Microsoft just do that. Carriers don't need to be the one that judges if you receive the firmware or not. But it could also be that Microsoft negotiate with the carriers and they put that condition in order to accept Windows Phone in their sales.

sk1d_mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got an unlocked 1520 and don't have the update :(

I thought buying high end unlocked phones would allow for swifter updates, but neither the wifes 930 or my phone have the updates yet.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Talking about does not mean "releasing". Windows Phone 10 is a long way from being released to the public.

Denim is is due Q1 2015 and is on track for that timescale. Don't forget that we had Cyan relatively recently.

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
My only point is that if they release an update, they should release it worldwide. So that people don't wait in other countries for the same update. :/

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This has been the case ever since Windows Phone 7 and I don't see it changing before Windows Phone 10.

We don't know how firmware updates will be handled with WP10, we might find out next week, or we might have to wait longer for that information. Carriers still need a way of making and testing firmware changes though. Or there might be another solution, we just don't know yet. We'll certainly know a lot more next week.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
My only point is that if they release an update, they should release it worldwide. So that people don't wait in other countries for the same update. :/

I could be wrong but my understanding is they are rolling it out piecemeal so they can catch and correct any bugs before releasing it for all phones in large markets like the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills