Choices on backup phones for Lumia 1520?

StygianSentinel

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
So I've recently updated from a Lumia 925 (T-mobile) to an unlocked 1520, and man oh man I adore this phone! But it uses a smaller SIM than my 925, so if something were to happen to it, I wouldn't be able to immediately swap my SIMS, I'd have to get a larger one for the 925, and this bothers me. What are my options as far as a Lumia that is compatible with the 1520's SIM, and can be bought inexpensively? I need something as cheap as possible, because I don't want to spend too much money on a phone that is only going to be used in an emergency.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 925 is a great phone. I wish I would have kept mine as a back up.

Like Harrie says, get a SIM adapter. Just use caution pulling it out. I always use a straight pin to nudge the SIM and the adapter slowly out. That way no pins get bent.

StygianSentinel

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, okay. Weird, I never go notifications for this thread, so sorry about that. :/ At any rate, I've given the 925 to my brother for a Christmas gift, but I assume a SIM tray in one of the lower end Lumias would work perfectly well. My bf and I got an unlocked 521 (IIRC, my memory's fuzzy) off of Ebay for $30, so I should be able to procure a backup easily enough. IDK why they used a nano SIM in this beast, but oh well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, okay. Weird, I never go notifications for this thread, so sorry about that. :/ At any rate, I've given the 925 to my brother for a Christmas gift, but I assume a SIM tray in one of the lower end Lumias would work perfectly well. My bf and I got an unlocked 521 (IIRC, my memory's fuzzy) off of Ebay for $30, so I should be able to procure a backup easily enough. IDK why they used a nano SIM in this beast, but oh well.

I've settled in with a 520 I picked up cheap as a backup. As tempted as I am to get an 830, I'll just stick with 520 as a backup and can use it for other things besides a phone... See the Project: Five2Oh thread linked in my signature. My backup won't just be sitting in a drawer and I'll save my cash for whatever built for Windows 10 flagship comes into harbor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo