Capacitive keys are brighter than normal after Denim

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey fellas. Just received the Long awaited denim update, with the flagship perks of course. But there something else im noticing. The capacitive keys at the bottom are much brighter than before denim. Now it maybe something in my eyes, or I just never noticed how bright they were...but I'm sure that before denim, the lights weren't that noticeable.Which is pretty distracting to be honest, cuz it doesn't help you to focus well on the screen. Anyone else feeling this? Any solution?

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes they are really bright. Infact they are so bright that on a dark background you would notice bottom part of the screen lighter than other parts. I wish they provide some setting to select the brightness manually.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on denim, but I notice that my capacitive keys won't turn off anymore despite being in power saver mode. They're kind of an annoyance these days.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I really with this would become an option with Windows 10 as there's plenty of times I'm watching something on Netflix laying in bed in my pitch black room but have blaring keys lit, would love to be able to disable them.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
just got the denim update on AT&T today and noticed that the capacitive lights are brighter than ever. This is horrible. My screen has been adjusted to be very dim for at night use, and these lights are like shining torches into my eyes. No settings that I've tried will adjust this crap.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This issue has been tracked to a bug in Device Hub... I had it under Cyan. See this thread for the diagnosis and a workaround. http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...avigation-bar-lights-always-stay-lit-bug.html

I never got around to using the workaround. xandros9 informed me today that an update was pushed to Device Hub to defeat this. My Capacitive Keys are back to normal brightness without me doing anything. Use SysApp Pusher to update your Device Hub.

Pocket PC

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 has the same issue after Denim update. Capacitive buttons are on bright all the time now. They no longer dim with the screen. Very annoying.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I fixed it by hammering a small nail into each button and breaking the light. Let me know if you need instructions.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Who can we inform to get Nokia/Microsoft to fix this? Even on my two year old Samsung Ativ S the capacitive lights auto turn off after three seconds of not touching the screen. This is how it SHOULD be. We need to start a petition.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
This issue has been tracked to a bug in Device Hub... I had it under Cyan. See this thread for the diagnosis and a workaround. http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...avigation-bar-lights-always-stay-lit-bug.html

I never got around to using the workaround. xandros9 informed me today that an update was pushed to Device Hub to defeat this. My Capacitive Keys are back to normal brightness without me doing anything. Use SysApp Pusher to update your Device Hub.

The device hub update and restart has corrected the bug which prevented the battery saver from functioning in any capacity, including not being able to turn off the capacitive lights.

The brightness of these lights however has not been fixed. My screen brightness automatically turns my screen way down, but the keys remain at the maximum brightness level, which is almost comically bright! I have to get a photo of it somehow!

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Here is a temporary fix. If you want to read in bed or want to watch a film (eg Netflix) in the dark and do not want the bright navigation bar lights annoying you, go into Battery Saver settings and turn on "Now until next charge" to turn off the lights. Remember to revert back the setting when done, if you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa