Should I get the Lumia 1520?

Charles Collins

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 Purchase

I've been interested in Windows Phone for some time. I'm on TMO and run a Galaxy Note 4 at present. I'm giving serious consideration to buying the 1520 R-938 through B & H. Everything I've read indicates that this 1520 will run flawlessly on TMO. The 1520 would be a secondary phone, so I can see everything good there is to see about Windows Phone. So is this $520 well spent or would it be better to continue waiting for Microsoft to release another flagship?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 Purchase

If I said The Stig had one would that help?

Anyway... I think it is still a good investment at this point. The 1520 is a real sleeper phone. It never got leveraged fully and I don't see improvements under Win10 not making it to this device. If you want a Flagship Phablet for Windows the next one probably won't sail until Q4 this year.

Just be mindful that any phone not T-Mo branded will give up WiFi calling. It simply will not come to any phone without a T-Mo firmware. Period. And if T-Mo gets SoftCard (tap-to-pay) and they follow the Vzw/ATT release, you'd give up having that as well.

I had my 1520.3 on T-Mo for several months and the frequencies all line up... Complete compatibility. I'm very happy with mine and can easily say it is the best phone I ever owned.

Welcome to Windows Central, Mr. Clarkson Collins.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Add me to the list of very happy 1520.3 owners on T-Mobile. It works great. Add that to T-mobiles free international data roaming in a lot of countries and you have a perfect phone for travel as well. It simply a great phone. Don't forget to buy a nice SD card. I got a very fast 64 GB card on sale at Amazon. It is so nice having that extra storage.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm using a 1520.3 on T-Mobile. It works great when I have coverage but I have a few spots where T-Mobile coverage isn't that great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3