[L1520] Rogers Canada?

Barry Weston

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Looking for a bit of guidance.

I would like to get my hands on the L1520. Daniel suggested I check the forums for advice. Didn't see anything with the explicit answer I was looking for.

What variant would be best suited for use in Canada, on Rogers?

Daniel mentioned the 1520.3 (is this the same as the RM-938?).

Any advice or stories of success would be great. Also, any hook ups on best place to buy would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
AT&T version will work which is the one I have 1520.2 RM-940 and also the 1520.3 RM-938 international of course, and as for the best place I can only suggest BH photo for $500+ or on kijiji for the same amount...

edit: and of course eBay for used/new

Last edited:

the-wrangler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the 1520.3 would be best, I've been kinda browsing around looking for a good deal to do the same on Rogers. 1520.3 (RM-938)has the 32gig plus the Qi charging built in, but from what I've read the AT&T models (RM-940 I believe?) do work as well, difference being they have 16gig internal and no Qi charging.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the 1520.3 would be best, I've been kinda browsing around looking for a good deal to do the same on Rogers. 1520.3 (RM-938)has the 32gig plus the Qi charging built in, but from what I've read the AT&T models (RM-940 I believe?) do work as well, difference being they have 16gig internal and no Qi charging.

BTW are you positive the RM-938 is 32GB only? I have an ***** selling a L1520 on kijiji for $600 who says his phone has Qi charging but is a 16GB... or maybe it is the AT&T version and doesn't have the Qi charging... either way the guy is high balling WAY TOO MUCH...

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the RM-937 on Fido's network. Works fine even though I'm missing the 850 band (I think its that one). The RM-938 works best for our network, but have no real complaints using the RM-937

Bought mine off of Amazon.

the-wrangler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
BTW are you positive the RM-938 is 32GB only? I have an ***** selling a L1520 on kijiji for $600 who says his phone has Qi charging but is a 16GB... or maybe it is the AT&T version and doesn't have the Qi charging... either way the guy is high balling WAY TOO MUCH...

Good question....I did think so, but haven't really looked into this in a while. I'll dig around again to check - but in the meantime if anyone knows for sure by all means chime in. Good to have some clear info for us Canucks up in the north with no 1520's. I know plenty are looking around at them

edit - just Binged the specs:

http://www.phonegg.com/phone/3327-Nokia-Lumia-1520-RM-938

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1520-5760.php

http://www.omegacell.com/products/nokia-lumia-1520-rm-938-lte

Just on the surface it looks like yeah the RM-938 is only 32gig - but if anyone knows one way or the other feel free to chime in for us up here looking for a 1520. The more info the merrier for sure

Last edited:

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
From what I understood when looking into the phone, the At&t version had 16gb internally but had the expandable micro SD slot as well.

Perhaps fire off an email to omega cell and asking if the RM-938 has the micro SD too. They were quite helpful when I purchased mine.

Actually on their website it shows 32gb internal and supports micro sd

Last edited:

the-wrangler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the RM-937 on Fido's network. Works fine even though I'm missing the 850 band (I think its that one). The RM-938 works best for our network, but have no real complaints using the RM-937

Bought mine off of Amazon.

So after this post I read some more, and yep seems this one works fairly well on Rogers/Fido (NO LTE on Bell/TELUS) .... so I bit the bullet. Got a very good second hand White RM-937 yesterday. My 1020 was just getting way too bad on battery. Have to say this thing is bloody huge - but fantastic. Mine is a middle eastern one apparently, but after hard reset and updates I got Denim. What a massive improvement with that camera, and Hey Cortana works as advertised. So far I'm getting LTE in every place I can tell, I'm in the eastern GTA but do travel east and north in cottage country and will find out this weekend. So far, very happy with the purchase.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Looking for a bit of guidance.

I would like to get my hands on the L1520. Daniel suggested I check the forums for advice. Didn't see anything with the explicit answer I was looking for.

What variant would be best suited for use in Canada, on Rogers?

Daniel mentioned the 1520.3 (is this the same as the RM-938?).

Any advice or stories of success would be great. Also, any hook ups on best place to buy would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Hey! I am currently using a 1520.3 Rm-938 on the Rogers network! Works great, the one complaint that I have I just where my room is in the house o get "H+" signal strength most of the time, and I get next to no data on it most of the time. Anywhere else its fantastic! And my wifi sucks because I can't get real high speed where I am.

But it is a fantastic phone! I have been wanting to swap it for a 930 however, just because phantom tap is really bugging me lately. I'll probably just hold off until the new phones come out though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3