Navigation bar lights always stay lit. Bug?

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
On my Samsung Ativ S, the navigation bar lights up if you touch the screen but turns off after a few seconds even if the screen is still on. With my 1520 the lights always stay on when the screen is on. They are very bright and wondering why they dont turn off to save battery. Same fur you guys?

batuhanbkeskin

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The solution here worked for me : forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/307060-lights-navigation-keys.html
It's really strange that not everyone experience this bug.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
The solution here worked for me : forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/307060-lights-navigation-keys.html
It's really strange that not everyone experience this bug.

I tried the suggestion in the link. Didn't work. It was a pain to reset and reinstall all the apps but I was desperate. Didn't work. Any other ideas? The always lit up navigation keys are annoying me

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok on Microsoft forums someone said you cannot turn off the lights. Can anyone confirm if the navigation lights do auto turn off after a short period of inactivity or if they always stay on until you turn off the display?

pkws

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
If you uninstalled device hub without opening it the button lights will go out when battery saver is ON otherwise they are on all the time

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
If you uninstalled device hub without opening it the button lights will go out when battery saver is ON otherwise they are on all the time

Can you prove this? Show a video that the lights go off? Everywhere I read they say the lights stay on and are not meant to go off. Even better denim..

RelTech

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Uninstalling device hub does work. It worked for me.But now that MS has updated the DH users has confirmed that the bug issue is fixed

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you prove this? Show a video that the lights go off? Everywhere I read they say the lights stay on and are not meant to go off. Even better denim..

The lights are supposed to match your screen illumination level. The bug makes them max, the normal behavior is to follow what you set under brightness and/or auto-adjust brightness and then take cues from the ambient light sensor. They normally are on whenever your phone screen is awake except during Glance Screen.

Turning them completely off might be possible in Battery Saver settings, I'm not sure.

revanthpallagani

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
The latest Device Hub update has fixed the bug. Capacitive lights are now disabled when Battery saver is turned on.
Coming to the point as to when the lights will be on, I think it is dependant on the light around you. If the sensor thinks there is enough light the keys don't light up and if it doesn't the capacitive lights turn on. This is my guess, not necessarily correct.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Its not fixed for me. Capacitive lights still stay on if display is on. Are you sure latest device hub fixes it? Can I see proof please I don't believe you :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Its not fixed for me. Capacitive lights still stay on if display is on. Are you sure latest device hub fixes it? Can I see proof please I don't believe you :)

maybe open device hub?
restart the device?

I'm sure, it was the update that fixed it.
My phone's in battery saver mode with the key lights off and the screen dimmed as I type this, didn't do that for a very long time.

I can post a photo sometime soon.. (also make sure to wait a bit, seems to lag a second or two, oddly, since it was instant before it was broken)

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
maybe open device hub?
restart the device?

I'm sure, it was the update that fixed it.
My phone's in battery saver mode with the key lights off and the screen dimmed as I type this, didn't do that for a very long time.

I can post a photo sometime soon.. (also make sure to wait a bit, seems to lag a second or two, oddly, since it was instant before it was broken)

I opened device hub and restarted. Nowt. Lights still stay on and do no auto turn off after a few seconds. Boo!

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok on Microsoft forums someone said you cannot turn off the lights. Can anyone confirm if the navigation lights do auto turn off after a short period of inactivity or if they always stay on until you turn off the display?

Navigation lights do auto turn off after a short period of inactivity on my Lumi 1020, 1520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon