After Update, Phone Stuck on Airplane Mode

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Good Evening,

To make a long story short. I cracked my screen on my original 1520. AT&T sent a replacement device (via Insurance). As soon as I got the phone, I installed Preview for Developers and checked for phone update. After updating and restarting, the phone is stuck on airplane mode. When you go into settings and try to tap the button to switch to off it doesn't do anything, however, when I swipe it to the left the toggle moves but once you let go it goes right back to the right. You can toggle the airplen mode on/off in the notifications bar but the phone still shows it is on airplane mode with no data or phone service.

Anybody can help me out on what to do? I have already turned phone off and on and have also hard resetted the phone to no avail. What is odd is before the update, phone was working fine with phone service and everything, now it's just stuck on airplane mode with no service, but everything else works fine.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Try resetting the phone using Windows Phone Recovery Tool. If it still doesn't work then call AT&T and get it replaced again

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Try resetting the phone using Windows Phone Recovery Tool. If it still doesn't work then call AT&T and get it replaced again

I don't have the Windows Phone Recovery Tool as I'm on a Mac...

Also, tried resetting the phone through the settings to no avail. So it looks like I'm still stuck with my cracked 1520 while this "new" 1520 they sent me has Airplane mode problems and keeps getting really hot by the Sim Card and SD Card slot. Mind you, it's a new sim card they sent with the phone and there is no SD card in the slot. On my old phones if something was wrong the phone got hot around the camera ring, but this one seems to be that particular corner.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Good Evening,

To make a long story short. I cracked my screen on my original 1520. AT&T sent a replacement device (via Insurance). As soon as I got the phone, I installed Preview for Developers and checked for phone update. After updating and restarting, the phone is stuck on airplane mode. When you go into settings and try to tap the button to switch to off it doesn't do anything, however, when I swipe it to the left the toggle moves but once you let go it goes right back to the right. You can toggle the airplen mode on/off in the notifications bar but the phone still shows it is on airplane mode with no data or phone service.

Anybody can help me out on what to do? I have already turned phone off and on and have also hard resetted the phone to no avail. What is odd is before the update, phone was working fine with phone service and everything, now it's just stuck on airplane mode with no service, but everything else works fine.

Same problem on my Lumia 1520, before Denim, airplane mode turned on by itself, no matter how, won't turn off, did a Lumia Software Recovery, still the same. Sent back to Nokia for repair, they sent me a brand new replacement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills