Since Denim Update What Are Your Favorite Features?

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I was just curious as to what your favorite features of the 1520 are after the Denim Update? How do they correspond to your everyday life? Do you like your 1520 better now since the update than before? What still needs some work?

I'm still playing with the new features and also taken in some overall features seeing that I just got back to WP a month ago. I have to say right off the bat I like the camera and the video functionality they may be my second favorite option or feature on my 1520. I like my Flageship more after the Denim Update than before as it feels more personal and allows me a little more customization to fit me. The Start Screen is still my fave about this phone. Being able to see the customization of information that is important to me at a glance is pretty awesome.

Some of the features that were put in really gives me a great feeling about what will be coming with the Win 10. I'm excited that MS is working overtime on app development as well as drawing in new developers. I feel the WP, PC, & Xbox will begin to take some customers away from the other 2.

Last edited:

MEschner

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
The improved speed of the camera is the game changer for me. I wish the update had been available a couple of weeks ago when my niece and nephews were in town. Trying to get decent pictures of those three was very frustrating with the slower lenses speed. I haven't had a chance to play with rich capture yet, but this looks like it could be a very fun tool.

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
By far, folders on the home screen. The way MS implemented that is genius. Could care less about the "Hey Cortana" garbage because I don't use it and can care less about the camera because to me, the camera was fine as it was.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I love the folders on my 1520. I went from the 830 to the 1520 and it just didn't feel the same. The new camera is awesome too! The only gripe I've come across is the screen orientation is very finicky. I'll have it portrait but the screen will stay in landscape and vice versa and takes about five seconds to correct.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
By far, folders on the home screen. The way MS implemented that is genius. Could care less about the "Hey Cortana" garbage because I don't use it and can care less about the camera because to me, the camera was fine as it was.

I'm currently playing with that but kind finicky as to what I want in the same folder and how it looks on the start screen. I'm sure I will use it once I get things the way I want it. If you don't mind post a SS of your start Screen to show your folder orientation... I love the new 4K and the faster cam, it is pretty cool to have that at your beckon call in the spur of a moment.

I love the folders on my 1520. I went from the 830 to the 1520 and it just didn't feel the same. The new camera is awesome too! The only gripe I've come across is the screen orientation is very finicky. I'll have it portrait but the screen will stay in landscape and vice versa and takes about five seconds to correct.

I have not noticed that as of yet, I do wish the start screen could show in landscape mode though. That would be awesome when I have it on my stand.

4k recording

YES!!! I'm a videographer and that is premo for me...

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Post a SS of it if you don't mind. I would like to see the way you customized it and incorporated it into your start screen.

Last edited:

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok, after training "Hey Cortana" yesterday I decided to try it out today. I notice that it is a little hit and miss. The way I say it makes a difference as well. Today one of my guys here at work wanted to order pizza and I said, "Hey Cortana", she responded and then I said, "call Happy's Pizza". She called with no problem (of course the listing is in my contacts). Worked like a charm! I can see this being a great feature while multitasking. The Google voice command was like this at first then it improved the more people used it. I'm sure MS will improve this feature regularly as usage continues.

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's a SS of mine currently. The bottom two folders named "gaming" and "reference" are cut off in the SS but follow the same pattern. Please disregard my calendar entries. I suck at paying bills but I did in fact pay the AT&T bill today.wp_ss_20150228_0001.jpg
Post a SS of it if you don't mind. I would like to see the way you customized it.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Post a SS of it if you don't mind. I would like to see the way you customized it and incorporated it into your start screen.

This is my home screen. I have sports, finance, shopping, and messaging all sorted into folders. also that's the app store that was caught mid flip that looks weird.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150228_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150228_0001.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 13

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
For me I definitely love the Rich Capture feature, but have been using more Hey Cortana and just amaze how well it has worked for me. I've heard a lot of people having issues with it, but mine has been pretty stable so far.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
For me I definitely love the Rich Capture feature, but have been using more Hey Cortana and just amaze how well it has worked for me. I've heard a lot of people having issues with it, but mine has been pretty stable so far.

I have to agree with you. I notice that thee is a little bit of a skill for her to hear you correctly. I think those that are anxious, their voice sounds different than if they were relaxed. Not only that I found that talking louder is not going to help much. even in my factory here when I just talk relaxed I get a better result.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

same thing is happening to me with the Accelerometer... def never had that trouble with cyan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3