Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
So I just checked Microsoft's update tracker and Denim has arrived for Hong Kong Country Variant Lumia 1520s!!!!!..... Kinda
While it says its been updated to Denim my phone update thing says my phone it up to date. I know I need to wait a bit as it will begin rolling out soon so that is not a problem. I just want to know who has managed to update their Hong Kong Country Variant Lumia 1520 to Denim?

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually the page does say that denim is now available for hk variant. Very excited. But it should have hit handsets before that. Don't know why it hasn't it my handset. Normally the website is delayed. Lets c

Last edited:

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh well, Im sure some lucky people have got in early. At least we will have our hand on it (presumably) within the next 3 days or so! instead of waiting day by day, crushed by the tracker reading "Cyan". I can't wait to do some more photography with an even better camera than before!

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually very odd that people with same handsets (HK Variant) get updates at different times too. I thought it would hit all identical handsets at the same time if the update is available. I have DP though install on my handset.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
This update is for RM 937 APAC Hong Kong 222, right?

You would think so, there is no other Hong Kong Variant listed on the tracker so I assume that if you have the Hong Kong Variant then you should be good to go. Of course it probably takes a bit of time for it to roll out to each device though.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
HK 1520, 8.1.1 installed via PfD, phone can't find Denim update even with PfD turned off... :(

I have never had Preview installed and my phone cannot find the update... I wander what is happening, am I right in saying that even if the phone is the same variant and all that the update will still take a different amount of time to reach various phones? That sounded confusing sorry haha. Hopefully one can make sense of it...

dan bologa

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
This phone suppose to be the high end device for Windows ecosystem and it receive the last this update. I think they troll us. They make a joke with this update availability information. Probably this wil be my last Windows Phone since top notch phones are receiving updates lasts. There are tones of other phones with a few options about other operation systems that can match everybody requirement and needs.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 CV HK

dan bologa

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
In fact after Microsoft fully integrates Nokia, this update is a mess. Think about the number of Windows Phones sold last year, around 35 milions, how many Lumia 1520 would be? Let's say 4-5 milions ALL. And how many Lumia 1520 HK variant would be?
How hard it will be to make an update available for al those devices?

dan bologa

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
After updating all those old and low end devices, now they are busy with Windows 10, MWC Barcelona and other things. I am very dissapointed about their policies and their respect for customers!

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
It is a bit odd, that high end devices are being the last ones to get it. Mine 1520 still has no Denim, I even rolled back from DevPrev. Chat support says "Check with your carrier", my counterpoint that the phone is unlocked did not seem to matter to the guy. And anyway, Denim is marked as available for L1520 in Hong Kong (where my phone is from) and in Estonia (where I am)... Really doubt my network provider has anything to do with the update.

dan bologa

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Chat support it's useless...It's not about your carrier, there's nothing to do with it, Hong Kong devices are factory unlocked. It's about Microsoft unprofessional way to do things...no wonder about the fact that their MS it's around 2.4%!

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone up here who cant wait for Denim to rollout to the handset and not the tracker website used LSRT to check for the updates from the server. You should get it right away.
My handset L1020 is from HK and I flashed it to AU version as it is lighter with less language packs I am guessing. Now HK released Denim I cant ger and Au Denim is as usual late.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So is there actually anyone with a 1520 HK that got the official OTA update? I haven't seen any. It seems like they updated the website but didn't actually get to the 'flipping the switch' part, whatever that entails. Right now it's Monday 3am in Hong Kong, so I hope that in about 6 hrs we'll start seeing the update. Or are these released based on USA office hours?

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
LSRT still only offers Cyan, and I am getting more and more upset, they have dangled Denim in our faces, but no one is getting anything. This is annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism