1520.3 (RM-938) New Denim Users - Any Issues?

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. :) - turned off the hold camera button to shoot video - i am so used to holding it down to focus like my Lumia 1020. I'll do some more playing tonight

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Cortana interests don't seem to be working... I have restarted my 1520.3 through soft reset and just holding power and swiping down and neither seem to have an effect. not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Also all of my interests have been cleared which is interesting

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Same with me. Checked both the lumia software recovery tool and windows phone recovery tool and neither have denim yet. Also noticed some problems with the accelerometer as others on here have noticed. Does anyone know if you can launch video recording from sleep instead of just the lumia camera photo screen? once you hold down the photo button you can record but it would be cool if you could from sleep hold and start recording video.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
actually. I just noticed the cortana interests thing. I can't even add new interests. Maybe it's a back-end issue and nothing to do with denim?

update: - it seems to be back now - looks like it was a 'back-end' issue.

Last edited:

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Same with me. Checked both the lumia software recovery tool and windows phone recovery tool and neither have denim yet. ... .

I have used the Windows Phone Recovery Tool for clean install. It wasn't there at the first day when Denim was available for my UK 937, but was there when I checked again a few days later.

It's all there, but I guess you have to wait for your country/carrier variant to get available first.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Issues is the update don't show on my phone wet...

There are a couple of Country Variants not showing Denim yet: Argentina & Brazil...

Mine is Manufacturer's Name: RM-938_lta_lta_905, Mobile Operator: 000-22. I had the OTA available, just not the LSRT.

Have you tried toggling off P4D if you have it?

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple of Country Variants not showing Denim yet: Argentina & Brazil...

Mine is Manufacturer's Name: RM-938_lta_lta_905, Mobile Operator: 000-22. I had the OTA available, just not the LSRT.

Have you tried toggling off P4D if you have it?

Hmmm No Brasil? I was thinking that the update mine pulled was for Brasil, because when it finished I had Portuguese as the second keyboard on the phone. (when I first got the phone, the alternate keyboard was Spanish)

Curious to know what secondary keyboards showed up after you guys got denim on your 1520.3's

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Major issue (at least for me): when they are lit, the capacitive buttons are always pegged at maximum brightness. So bright that it bleeds light into the bottom edge of the screen, and also seems to impact battery life.

Hard reset does not fix this. Makes the phone unusable in the dark.

I am going back to Cyan.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Rotation bug on mine to. Also when using Rich Camera, if I take a couple of photos within 10-20 seconds of each other the camera either hangs or it carries on working but the photos are not saved Grrrr.
I have tried software reset plus I even tried using a brand new Sd Card Class 10. But exactly the same.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
One thing that has cropped up since the update is choppy music playback. I am getting things that sound like a CD skipping, but that never happened prior to yesterday.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Major issue (at least for me): when they are lit, the capacitive buttons are always pegged at maximum brightness. So bright that it bleeds light into the bottom edge of the screen, and also seems to impact battery life.

Hard reset does not fix this. Makes the phone unusable in the dark.

I am going back to Cyan.

Before you revert... Check through SysApp Pusher and see if there is an update for Device Hub... Regular Device Hub, not the beta.

There was a bug in Device Hub... Denim is not the main cause. The bug patch rolled out after Denim was bundled so you have the buggy version of Device Hub on install/update to Denim.

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm No Brasil? I was thinking that the update mine pulled was for Brasil, because when it finished I had Portuguese as the second keyboard on the phone. (when I first got the phone, the alternate keyboard was Spanish)

Curious to know what secondary keyboards showed up after you guys got denim on your 1520.3's

I also had the same thing. Portugese was a secondary keyboard after denim update. Just a quick disable and it was gone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3