Few questions for my fellow 1520 owners.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So I got a red 1520 and its in a nillkin case which I like for the most part but I don't like how the corners aren't reinforced. I ordered myself an OEM flip case because of the corners on it but as far as I can tell, the camera is basically exposed? Could anybody clarify this for me whom own one? I don't want to get it and have the camera element get destroyed if the case is flush when setting it down. I ordered glass screen protectors for it as well but I'm kind of spooked about them with the curved screen. I've read a lot of people saying they dropped it a mere foot or so and it broke

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is how the camera lens is with the official flip case. It's a hair lower than the case so if you place it on the table, the lens won't touch. Might even be lower for you because I have a lens protector on.

uploadfromtaptalk1427362099204.jpg

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
So I got a red 1520 and its in a nillkin case which I like for the most part but I don't like how the corners aren't reinforced. I ordered myself an OEM flip case because of the corners on it but as far as I can tell, the camera is basically exposed? Could anybody clarify this for me whom own one? I don't want to get it and have the camera element get destroyed if the case is flush when setting it down. I ordered glass screen protectors for it as well but I'm kind of spooked about them with the curved screen. I've read a lot of people saying they dropped it a mere foot or so and it broke

It broke,REALLY?I dont believe that it broke.Nothing happened to mine it has fallen even on INDIAN ROADS.But if thrown with a great impact it could break.ANd in most lumias the camera is usually exposed.

TheBigOkie

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth, I dropped my first 1520 about 18 inches onto a ceramic tile floor and it shattered the screen. They're not unbreakable. It appears that a blow from the corner is particularly risky.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Gross, that's exactly what I'm trying to prevent with the OEM case. That camera cut out this is a but sketchy and I feel it would do no good for the lens.

For what it's worth, I dropped my first 1520 about 18 inches onto a ceramic tile floor and it shattered the screen. They're not unbreakable. It appears that a blow from the corner is particularly risky.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Much appreciated! I was looking at those when I bought mine. I saw on their site their ugly cuts on the bottom that taper in, strange to me. I ordered from a Canadian company called inskin. Hopefully these guys are rarely decent.

It came with my nillkin tempered glass which I tried out last year. Really bad cutout for the glass but it came with 2 pieces of lens protectors

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
That would be awesome. I was hoping they'd make one because I work on construction sites but naturally of coarse they don't. The other options are just gross looking hahah

... and an Otter Box case isn't - that's why they make different cases. I use a Fosman slim fit TPU case. It protects the corners, raises the screen (& the camera lens) off a flat surface AND most importantly, adds grip to the device. I remember seeing a three element case (similar in looks to an Otter Box) on eBay or Amazon.

IF I were you, I'd spend some time on either, you'll get a thousand hits, narrowing down for protection & appearance. You should find something suitable ...
BUT, I'd not carry it naked - too slippery & unprotected.

BTW - my phone w case fits into a holster I bought for it (w a very protective silicon & hard case combo), that is I use the holster (~~ 90% of the time), have the case in reserve.

Good Luck.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Here is the case I have for my 1520. It protects the camera lens very well when you lay it down. I've dropped it a few times and have came out unscathed. I'm sure if its dropped just right it will crack the lens though. Just depends on how it hits. Overall, I am very happy with this case. It doesn't make the phone that much bigger than it already is. I got the black case and really like how it protects my 1520.

NGP Nokia Lumia 1520 Cases | Best Nokia Lumia 1520 Cases | Incipio

nk-179-mer_b.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros