I wanna purchase Lumia 1520 but my friends stopped me due to Lumia applications, are they really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalid Mughal

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I wanna purchase lumia 1520 but my friends stopped me due to lumia applications

he says to me that lumia 1520 has old versions of apps and even its apps update also comes later.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: I wanna purchase lumia 1520 but my friends stopped me due to lumia applications

Well it's true on some apps though.

Care to share what apps you are using?

Mortenvs

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I've never heard such a thing. I have a 1520 and apps are updated just as fast as my brothers 930. When an app developer releases an update on the Windows Phone store, all phones can get it at the same time.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
No that's wrong information,person who told this he has zero knowledge about WP because the apps are updated on all phones from the 520 to latest flagship 930...and according to my knowledge 1520 is best WP...it has more features than 930 (like SD card; 6" screen)
And 1520 supports almost all apps

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: I wanna purchase lumia 1520 but my friends stopped me due to lumia applications

I think the thread starter is talking about on how Windows Phone is behind to iOS and Android when it comes to apps... Read his post again

Mortenvs

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

I think the thread starter is talking about on how Windows Phone is behind to iOS and Android when it comes to apps... Read his post again
That would make more sense...

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Get what you want. You can't live your life based on what other people tell you. You'll never enjoy yourself or purchases you want to make.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Forget your friends. It's your money. Do more research and make up your own mind.... then come over. Resistance is futile!!!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I wanna purchase lumia 1520 but my friends stopped me due to lumia applications

Be brave be first!
Those same friends may be using Microsoft phones down the road anyway.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Be brave be first!
Those same friends may be using Microsoft phones down the road anyway.

I keep saying the same thing give it time. Android will become obsolete as people generally get drawn to the brands they know have a long history. Bill Gates had to start somewhere and Steve Jobs was his competition be patient. Stand out from the crowd and let your colour filled Lumia back cover be the one be seen from great distance instead of blending in like Android or Apple.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

While Window Phone does not feature the number of apps that App Store and Play Store offers, I have found that what is available in the Windows Store is more than adequate my needs.

The real question to ask is what apps or games are you looking for particularly?

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Screw your pals, phone is great, plus get updates, if you want smaller, go for 930 or 830

Olander418

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 1520 in itself doesn't have old apps, but if one were to compare WP and iOS apps, you could say that some are a bit outdated. Also you should do what YOU want not what others want.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

I don't even want to ask what phones your friends are using... but quite possibly a phone that hasn't been updated to the latest OS. He is also very wrong, all apps get updates at the same time, only app availability is restricted based on model & location. That aside, pick a phone you like... if apps are all that matter then I suppose WP is not for you.
Also, if this is your first Windows Phone, then I would suggest going for something a little cheaper to try out the OS & would also give you some waiting time as a new flagship is supposedly coming by the end of the year.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

My 1520 is running Denim and my apps are fairly regularly updated. The actual truth is that the 1520 functions so well that there doesn't seem to be a compelling need for continual updating. There are a few hitches and glitches when multi-apps are each using BT, but that is tolerable. If you can handle the form factor, the 1520 is a terrific and utterly dependable daily driver. My only hesitation would be that I would want the 32g model with on-board Qi charging. And then there's the hope that a new flagship XL will come out before too long which might be an upgrade to the 1520, spec wise.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Your friends statement is actually two fold.
First is the assertion of is the Windows phone ecosystem a good OS to invest in? That is were the app comparison really matters. I'd agree with your friend on certain apps. Of course the trending apps like Instagram, Twitter, and others have gotten rare updates while their iOS and Android counterparts are been updated rather recently. Now if you're all about first party apps, then you may want to consider another OS, however I'll implore you to try some of the third party renditions, and you just might find they work as good if not better then parent apps they emulate. Take 6Tag, or a couple of Twitter client apps for example. How familiar are you with the Windows phone OS will go a long way to determining how you'll like the 1520.
Second is how does the 1520 stack up against other Windows phones? Again this is based on how you're going to be using it. I've had my 1520 for year now, and to be honest no other windows phone really rivals it in terms of display, processor, memory, battery life, storage capacity, or camera combined. The biggest deterrent may be that MSFT has recently discontinued selling the 1520 which implicates there may be a replacement coming at some point. I've actually been intrigued by the 640XL which although has reduced specs, they are still respectable, and it's the newest phone out with preconceived Windows 10 for phones planning into the build.
Ultimately if you can get one at a good price, you won't be disappointed. I am going to wait for a more equivalent replacement for the 1520 because to be honest, there's really nothing out there right now that can stack up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3