Do any of you NOT have touch issues

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
How many of you ARE NOT suffering from "ghost taps"? Do you put your 1520 in your front pocket? Do you wear a case?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Have not experience it on my missus' 1520. She didn't put it in a case but only has a jelly backcover with a decent screen protector.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm about 7 hours away from completing my first week of 1520 ownership.

A few times when I've gone to scroll, it's triggered a tap; but I've learned that if I use the full "pad" of my finger, it scrolls without issue. I had developed a habit of quickly and lightly using the very tip of my finger on my ATIV S, and that seems to be the cause of my unintentional taps with the 1520.

Not sure if it helps, but I have glance screen off, and extra sensitive touch for gloves off.

No case, no screen protector, and I'm being super ultra paranoid with treating the phone like it's the most fragile device that I've ever handled. Thus far, I've taken advantage of cooler than average temperatures this week to wear my leather jacket and keep the phone in the inner chest pocket when I'm out and about.

I ordered the horizontal holster from the wpcentral store and will have it tomorrow. Hopefully it will work well to clip on the back of my shorts during the summer and be concealed by the overhang of t-shirts. Smartphone Experts Textured Horizontal Pouch (Large) (Black/Gray) for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Windows Phone Cases

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Glance screen on or off shouldn't make any difference. It caused unlock screen issues on 8.0 about a year ago but those are long gone. Turn it on and enjoy that feature of the phone :).

I'm in Florida so the glove feature is useless to me.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ghost taps stopped for me after a fairly early firmware update.

I don't use cases or screen protectors and carry my phone in my front pocket. I don't do anything special to take care of the phone and don't do any funny business of bending/not bending.

My phone is used and abused and it works just fine for me.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I bought a used 1520 hand have never had a touch issue. I've even dropped it.. Several times. I've sat on it cause it was in my back pocket. I've had it in and our of a case.

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
During the first week I had it, the phone went crazy after being carried in my front pocket and bending over or squatting down. The phone was flexing and bending slightly. I gently bent it back and then...

I bought a 2 piece hard clamshell case with rubber over that. Like the Otterbox Defender cases but cheaper. I have had many months of no more trouble. The cases are on ebay for about 5-7 USD. I still carry the phone in my front pants pocket of Docker style pants.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3