1520 Worth getting now?

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Let me start by telling I have already used 1520 in past. Unfortunately I sold off that one due to some hardware issue- moved to android and now using iphone6+.
Thinking about ditching this iPhone and moving back to to WP. My only gripe was app issues- but now I only use handful of apps, I miss the awesome camera and fluidity of 1520.

Do you guys think it's worth getting now or should I wait for next lumia flagship if one is planned for this year.

Suggestions plz

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance but will 1520 get windows 10 ?? I understand a few features might not be available like continuum but rest all features will be available rite ?
Just want to make sure this device is future proof for at least next 2 years

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Windows 10 currently on my 1520. It's nowhere close near the final build, but it is pretty nice on the 1520. So yes, the 1520 will get the final version.

slowboy920

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Same dilemma. I have an 920 & battery is becoming an issue. Daniel's video was informative and brings a good point about new flagship. I can't bring myself to spend that much on a phone and will likely not use all the new features. Likely going to pick up 1520

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have made up my mind, will sell off my iphone 6+, get 1520 and a 64/128gig memory card :) :)
unfortunately, 1520 is out of stock in all online stores :(
I will have to check some brick and mortar stores

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't do it if I were you. The 1520 has nothing to offer over your 6 plus, I would wait until Windows 10 Mobile will be released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't do it if I were you. The 1520 has nothing to offer over your 6 plus, I would wait until Windows 10 Mobile will be released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked in stores - 1520 is out of stock :(
Seems like I will have to wait till next flagship is released by Microsoft.
I am assuming the wait will be worth it 😛

jwhipple

Banned
Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Given that the 1520 goes for $240(ish) to $300(ish) on eBay in like-new condition, would you choose the 1520 over the 640 XL ($249) in today's market?

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted to get 640xl 😜
Regarding rumoured flagships, i think I will wait and see what comes .
(Just want to ditch iPhone 6plus ASAP 😛😛😛)

Sir Lumia-a-Lot

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
There are online stores that sell new 1520 but you'll have to search. EBay has new ones too from highly rated dealers. Although the 640xl is big it is not a powerful phone and it doesn't come close to the 1520 in specks or screen awesomeness. The 930 is the flagship but the screen size is smaller.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My wish list includes big screen, good battery backup , memory card slot, removable battery, good camera and windows platform. (Of corse the price should not be too much 😜😜😜 )
640 xl checks all boxes. Although I have an iPhone 6 plus, I could never justify to myself for getting such costly mobile. I plan to sell my iPhone 6+, buy 640xl and use the money saved for something better 😉😉😉

Tigerinc

May 29, 2014
Visit site
We have both an iPhone 6+ and a Nokia Lumia 1520 in our household currently. The 6+ has a few issues and has already bent! :( There is some phone envy going on towards the 1520 updates. Too funny really. Who knew?

Best of luck with your decision. :winktongue:

InspectHerGadget

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Cases for the 1520 are a HUGE headache. I carry mine on the belt which limits me. I'm about to go onto my fifth case, it hasn't arrived yet from POLAND. My current belt case is literally fraying at the edges. It is a big phone and I keep it in the yellow Nokia case and then put it in the belt case. It has been dropped a few times and the yellow case has protected it successfully.

It is surprising just how hard it is to get these phones. My opinion is that the price they sell them for doesn't cover manufacturing costs so they haven't bothered making any. The other theory is that carriers aren't carrying them so the market for them is very small so they're making just a few.

jwhipple

Banned
Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 came in yesterday. My last Windows Phone was a Lumia 925 on T-mobile that was taking forever to get the 8.1 update, so I sold it off and switched to Android - BIG MISTAKE.

Not that the 925 was a slouch - I REALLY liked it but the slowness of getting updates was killing me - little did I know that Samsung's updates were even worse!

Now that I'm on the 1520 - HOLY COW! I'm blown away! FANTASTIC DEVICE! The changes in the OS plus the hardware REALLY make me love this phone even more than I thought I would!! DEFINITELY worth buying in today's market!

But that having been said, don't shy away from the 640 XL - I played with one at the AT&T store and to be honest, if you're not gaming (which I don't do) and you put a micro-SD in it, it's a very capable phone! The display isn't full HD, but the way Windows phones handle different resolutions makes it still look VERY VERY NICE!

The 20MP camera and 2GB RAM was the big deciding factor for me to go to the 1520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss