Lumia 1520 not being officially updated to W10M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
What do you think about that? I like my 1520, but now i feel like they lied to us and im willing to sell it and buy an android. The fact they dont wanna update us officially is ridicoulus in my opinion, and why do that in the first place? Why am I enforced to use insider app? Didnt they want to unify windows ecosystem? They not gonna do that in that way

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Really give me a break, With these phones getting a rolled out W10 update, Lumia 430, Lumia 435, Lumia 532, Lumia 535, and Lumia 540. Then not rolling it out to many much better phones is really disgusting. Do they really have better hardware. lol

nj agnes

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
You can update your 1520 into W10M but it takes time to rollout the official update for the specific lumia devices, Microsoft is prioritizing the latest model coz the popularity and shares of the new models.
Just sit and relax pal. If you are registered into the insider then you'll get the windows 10 Mobile.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks nj agnes for your reply, but I know I can get it with the Insider Program, I'm already in it. But my gripe is phones are treated so much different than other computers, because of carrier control. Really they should not be any different than a desktop, laptop or tablet if your hardware is capable you should be able to update, age, brand or carrier should not have anything to do with it.

nj agnes

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm i think if your phone has a carrier , it depend on them if they will Go or no. Just wait for it.. Im pretty sure you'll get the W10M update. Just be patience my friend :))

Blenyc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Well the article kinda sucks(no offence).It speaks about carriers and stuff that dont want to update your phone but doesnt say anything about unlocked devices that take updates straight from microsoft instead if you want windows 10 you need to use their beta testing program and stack in a whirlwind of "i dont know if thats gonna work on your phone but will see" accepting every single testing policy they have about sending all your info and every move back to them so they can "make it better".So what you really got is a universal program that works almost on every lumia device but it never gonna be optimized for your cellphones hardware.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is not releasing Windows 10 to Lumia, but they will release it on Android phones.
It will come to Lumia lol. Clearly the Lumia 930 and 1520 are actually almost exactly the same phone except the latter has a bigger and glance supported 6inch screen. The internals are exactly the same. The only reason it isn't getting it first is because it was released back in 2013 while the 930 was released in 2014. It's simply older but definitely capable.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
1. Ah yes, from an objective point of view the phone is 2 years old and it makes sense to update newer devices first over any old hardware no matter the specifications.

2. This logic is even more visible on Android, where updates are not even expected on hardware that is 2 years old & iPhones are not to compare at all, as Apple has such small amount of different devices which takes much less time to optimize.

3. Yes I know it sucks, but it's still time to see what will happen. Microsoft usually uses a 1520 to demonstrate W10M. And after all there's that one trick where the "Preview" builds are actually the Latest completed stable builds just to overpass Carriers who doesn't want to push updates to old phones. So anyone who even Cares in the first place will find a way to update his/her phone.

Yet there's one good thing about Android in this case, you already have all the missing features of 8.1 and even 10. So it's up to the choice of what you want. It's just a phone after all and I wouldn't judge you.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone remember how long it took for the WP8.1 rollout to take worldwide? The reason was that there was over 2,500 variants to create, test, and certify. And there's more handsets now.

Rolling out to current/popular handsets makes sense and the rollout won't last months...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm doubtful even Microsoft could be this stupid. However seeing as W10M pretty much destroys all the unique and innovative features of WP in favour of embracing a more ios/droid UI/UX I don't really mind if my 1520 doesn't get an upgrade. I'll just ride my Unicorn 1520.3 till its end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans