Screen issues on build 10586 are gone

norbikz

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have updated my Lumia 1520 to Windows 10 Mobile 10586 and all problems with tap/scroll are gone. On 8.1 both Denim and Cyan it makes me mad. Now everything is fine.

Try it out!

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my Lumia 1520 to Windows 10 Mobile 10586 and all problems with tap/scroll are gone. On 8.1 both Denim and Cyan it makes me mad. Now everything is fine.

Try it out!

Placebo effect, the ghost tap issue isn't a software issue, its a hardware fault caused my the phone flexing slightly, misaligning the digitizer. you either think its fixed, therefopre you don't notice it, or your device conicidentally settled back in the proper position.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Or me .. there seem to be lots of ghosts in charge of mine ... its intermittent but making it close to useless
Mina had ghost touches very frequently yesterday. It really bothered me. Then I uninstalled the Glace Screen and Touch system apps and after that it has not happened again so far, albeit it's only been like 24 hours. But it seems it did something.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I strongly suspect after reading tons about this problem that it's a hardware problem made worse by software issues. Fixing the software may make it better for those who either don't have the hardware issue or the hardware issue isn't so bad on their phones... Just a theory.

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Placebo effect, the ghost tap issue isn't a software issue, its a hardware fault caused my the phone flexing slightly, misaligning the digitizer. you either think its fixed, therefopre you don't notice it, or your device conicidentally settled back in the proper position.

If it is a hardware problem it is very strange that the 1520 gets a mind of its own when windows 10 is installed. if I roll back to 8.1 it is stable with no problems at all, if I update to 10 then it is totally useless right at this moment the screens are scrolling, it is opening apps on its own, random typing, and has even dialled numbers after its opened the phone app. Oh and Cortana hasjust told me "sorry I didnt catch that" not surprised as the only sound in the room is my PC keyboard !! And yes I have done the hard reset, started clean with no restore from previous but it makes no difference. I tried less tiles, more tiles,high sensitivity touch and normal. But the moment I install 8.1 then it works perfectly This is NOT just a hardware problem ..never in a million years

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
If it is a hardware problem it is very strange that the 1520 gets a mind of its own when windows 10 is installed. if I roll back to 8.1 it is stable with no problems at all, if I update to 10 then it is totally useless right at this moment the screens are scrolling, it is opening apps on its own, random typing, and has even dialled numbers after its opened the phone app. Oh and Cortana hasjust told me "sorry I didnt catch that" not surprised as the only sound in the room is my PC keyboard !! And yes I have done the hard reset, started clean with no restore from previous but it makes no difference. I tried less tiles, more tiles,high sensitivity touch and normal. But the moment I install 8.1 then it works perfectly This is NOT just a hardware problem ..never in a million years

What you described is not the phantom/ghost tap.
I had that issue where the tactile is just going crazy and act like if possessed, and I agree it's now okay with the last W10M technical preview.
But I still have the phantom touch issue where the device record a tap when I just try to swipe. It's getting worse or better depending on the pressure put on the phone in the pocket or anything else, because this issue is more likely a hardware issue, where the possessed screen was a software one.

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I solved the possessed screen problem , but it makes no sense what happened ! It was caused by updates for the initial apps that get installed eg Here Drive+ I posted elsewhere that I noticed it was stable until the updates were installed. So what I did was stopped the update procedure and added them one by one and tested the screen after each one. I got to thee point where I had glance and touch apps which would be updated in that order, So it seemed it was one of these, I dont know why but I decided to manually I installed them the other way round ... and voila I have a working phone !!

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I suspected it was the same apps causing the problem ..after a few clean installs I realised that the problem started after the updates were installed so I installed them one by one and tested it each time, I installed the touch and glance the opposite way round to how it would happen automatically .. and its now working fine !

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

My theory on that would be that nokia has tried to make software hacks that make the issue harder to trigger, which upgrading to 10 might not include.That said, I don't know about the spaz screen issue, I've read about it, I don't know if that's a software issue or a hardware issue, I was referring to the phantom touch issue.

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My theory on that would be that nokia has tried to make software hacks that make the issue harder to trigger, which upgrading to 10 might not include.That said, I don't know about the spaz screen issue, I've read about it, I don't know if that's a software issue or a hardware issue, I was referring to the phantom touch issue.

I had mistakenly thought they were the same thing, and they may well be linked. After thinking I had found the solution to the devil screen problem several times I am fairly confident I have now. I noticed that if in the cradle in my car it was stable, but not in my hand after a few minutes of use. If it is having a spaz session which is most of the time when I am using it, then if I put it down after 5 minutes or so it settles down. After some messing about I realised that in my case it is temperature related, As soon as the area around the front camera gets warm then off it goes with its mad behaviour. This is why it also goes mad being charged on my Wireless chargers ! I had to replace the screen a few weeks ago, and in the process the heat shield tape needed renewng. I noticed that the new tape was thinner than the old one but it was ok with 8.1 It is well documented that 10 makes the 1520 hot, and that tape evidently isnt doing the job as well as the old tape did, so I have ordered some loose foil to make my own. In the meantime if it has a spaz session I sit it on an ice pack for a few seconds and it works LOL

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I had mistakenly thought they were the same thing, and they may well be linked. After thinking I had found the solution to the devil screen problem several times I am fairly confident I have now. I noticed that if in the cradle in my car it was stable, but not in my hand after a few minutes of use. If it is having a spaz session which is most of the time when I am using it, then if I put it down after 5 minutes or so it settles down. After some messing about I realised that in my case it is temperature related, As soon as the area around the front camera gets warm then off it goes with its mad behaviour. This is why it also goes mad being charged on my Wireless chargers ! I had to replace the screen a few weeks ago, and in the process the heat shield tape needed renewng. I noticed that the new tape was thinner than the old one but it was ok with 8.1 It is well documented that 10 makes the 1520 hot, and that tape evidently isnt doing the job as well as the old tape did, so I have ordered some loose foil to make my own. In the meantime if it has a spaz session I sit it on an ice pack for a few seconds and it works LOL

interesting find. it sure is amazing how big a difference such a small detail makes with these things haha

cz9h3d

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought a used 1520 - supposedly it was a recent refurb direct from MS (and it did appear in pristine/new condition).
It worked beautifully for a month or so. I upgraded to WM10 almost immediately (fast ring) - although I did revert to 8.1 for a short time (work compatibility).
Then the screen stated tapping itself. It was most noticeable when turning on , and I could tell immediately based on whether the initial screen would "bounce". Usually turning the screen off/on fixed it, and all was fine. Then it started happening more often...and more often...and eventually wouldn't fix itself. But then on the rare occasion I would turn it on, and it would work normal - but that dwindled to a very infrequent occurrence.

I just moved back to 8.1 - and as I'm sitting here, I can't even enter my MS ID - Argh! I can't even adjust touch to "normal". I so want this phone to work again, but it appears as though my problems/issues are much much bigger :(

I feel like I've gone from many good phone choices to "junk"!
iPhone 5S (work -issued)
LG G2 - bought last year for $150 new - USB power port went out last week
Lumia 1520 - argh!!

So I'm using my wife's old Moto X 2013 (so I can evaluate Android Auto for work) as my one/only phone!!

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought a used 1520 - supposedly it was a recent refurb direct from MS (and it did appear in pristine/new condition).
It worked beautifully for a month or so. I upgraded to WM10 almost immediately (fast ring) - although I did revert to 8.1 for a short time (work compatibility).
Then the screen stated tapping itself. It was most noticeable when turning on , and I could tell immediately based on whether the initial screen would "bounce". Usually turning the screen off/on fixed it, and all was fine. Then it started happening more often...and more often...and eventually wouldn't fix itself. But then on the rare occasion I would turn it on, and it would work normal - but that dwindled to a very infrequent occurrence.

I just moved back to 8.1 - and as I'm sitting here, I can't even enter my MS ID - Argh! I can't even adjust touch to "normal". I so want this phone to work again, but it appears as though my problems/issues are much much bigger :(

I feel like I've gone from many good phone choices to "junk"!
iPhone 5S (work -issued)
LG G2 - bought last year for $150 new - USB power port went out last week
Lumia 1520 - argh!!

So I'm using my wife's old Moto X 2013 (so I can evaluate Android Auto for work) as my one/only phone!!

Check your office / home for unusual electromagnetic emission (metro? high voltage duct near? Bad general wire live plan? Paranormal activities? :D )
It's a hardware damage, IMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss