Lumia 1520 not recognized by PC at all. What could the problem be?

Abdullah Usman

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 not recognized by PC at all.

Here are the points so replies can be more helpful than if I didn't provide info I would later.

Only charges when plugged in, slow charging notification pops up.
No new hardware "ding" sound.
No new devices in device manager.
No devices with exclamation mark in device manager.
No unknown or unrecognized devices in device manager.
No devices listed in usb-view

Background.

I was on Windows 10 build 10581.
Upgraded to 10586. All fine.
Phone showed up and everything. However I wanted to go back to 8.1, so I started up the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It asked for a mandatory update. Updated. It recognized my phone (which was on). Started downloading server side software. I ran out of battery (the laptop), and it shut down. After starting up again, the phone is unrecognizable.

I unintsalled Windows Device Recovery Tool and tried to install again. Error. Several times. Finally after cleaning up everything related to it (RevoUninstaller), I managed to install it again. However, my phone still never is recognized. Uninstalled all Nokia/Microsoft drivers (no luck).

The ONLY time my phone is ever recognized as a device is when I restart it when plugged in. Shows up as (LumiaBootManager) or something (a flashable device) for a while before it boots up completely. After that, again, nothing.

I am certain the USB ports are fine, on my phone and my laptop.
My phone works fine except for this.
My cable(s) are fine.

Any help at all? This is such a weird problem that I am really helpless at this point.

Also, hard reset my phone twice after this, yet the problem persists.

Used system restore on my laptop to go before when I updated the Windows Device Recovery Tool too, still no luck.

I really need my phone to be recognized by this particular laptop!

Steve Brackenrich

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 not recognized by PC at all.

I'm having the exact same problem with my Lumia 1520 running build 10.0.10586.11. I've tried just about everything. My PC runs on Windows 10 Pro v.1511 build 10586.14. I was able to use the usb connection just fine in previous windows phone builds. I reported the issue to Microsoft and have yet to see any sort of remedy.

I hope this is fixed soon!

NizZ8

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
hitting this same issue with my 1520 as well. Have another 635 on the same win 10 build and works just fine. Not sure what is different causing the 1520 to not show up

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Same here! It's like I haven't even plugged it in. The phone doesn't know it's plugged in (it seems to assume the USB lead is from a charger), and neither does the PC. Totally flummoxed.

tarci99

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 not recognized by PC at all.

Same here I have tried it on 4 different PC's and 4 different cables and still nothing hopefully someone will give us an answer. On the current build 10589, help DAN.

ColbyLabs

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Same here with the latest build of 10.0.10586.29 but then I used the new Device Recovery Tool to revert back to WP8.1 and then re-installed 10.0.10586.29 and now all is working fine.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs