Cant seem to fix SMS notification in build 164

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I really like the look and feel of Win10M, its fast and fluid and I can even ignore the odd sticky app that refuses to open.. but Ive been forced back to Denim from build 164. I cant get the SMS/Text notifications to work... sounds or display under Win10. Going to Personnalisation > Sounds and Notifications.. The Messaging setting is just not there and Ive hunted all over the Settings menu. I have to physically open "Messaging" app to see if theres any txts come through.

Ive read around the web and saw one thread on the sms issue, but that was dated back in the Beta Insider which said you just Soft Reset.. but none since.

Ive tried Soft Resets, Rebooting the 1520 itself, even a factory reset... and I still cant find it.

Is this a bug.. or am I just missing something.

Any Help please ..

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like turned-off/disabled background settings for Messaging and Messaging + Skype. Caught myself with a same thing some time ago, no sound, no notification, but when I open Messaging/SMS I see new unread messages.

Last edited:

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Turn-on/Enable via Battery Saver/Background Apps if it is disabled.

Thanks friend... believe it or not, before i just jump down MS throat.. theres alot about Windows 10 on PC thats different, especially coming from Windows 7.. alot of it is very confusing.. burying actions in menus and new processes.. so thing APPEAR to be harder and more complicated, but in actual fact, its just the way its done now.

Sadly, we are all being forced to link up whether its through Skype, Facebook or Twitter so everybody, including companies and developers, knows what everyone else is doing, where they are or what they like to do.. even to the point of forcing us to have unnecessary apps and systems running, just so we can recieve an SMS.

Is Big Brother watching you or are we getting paranoid... Opens alot of questions

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So it was disabled?
W10M is really different and some things are just confusing indeed, but in many cases I love it.

Apologies.. Yes.. Many Thanks... That fixed it, and Im now getting lock screen notiifications as well.. :). but its quite a fiddle for plain SMS..

I think Win10 is really great.. like I say the only thing that ruined it was the SMS as I use txt for work, and now I know how to sort it out.. I can start enjoying it. The smooth and updated UI, groove is nice as well... Yes theres the odd sticky tile and app.... but thats nothing :)

Many thanks

So in essence, theres nothing wrong with SMS app at all.. theyve just arranged it differently, but I now realise theyre are certain parts of Win10M you need to actually "activate" first..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium