Here we go again....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What inspired this? Also is your 1520 on 8.1 or W10M? Just curious.

Also have fun with this :)
You have to have used a 1520 to understand. It's one of those "if I have to explain, you won't understand" deals.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You have to have used a 1520 to understand. It's one of those "if I have to explain, you won't understand" deals.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Alright, I will take your word for it. I hear a lot about this phone and how great it is/was.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
What inspired this? Also is your 1520 on 8.1 or W10M? Just curious.

Also have fun with this :)

I guess I realized that the day is coming when there will be no 1520s left worth using. I had to buy 3 to find one that meets my standards. I sold the other 2 on eBay.

I'm running W10M and so far it's fairly stable. I did have some issues with my google contacts not syncing so I exported those contacts into my outlook contacts. It doubled some and tripled some. I had to manually delete the duplicates to make my gmail contacts and outlook contacts the same.

I'm going to use this 1520 for a few months and then go back to an iPhone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I did have some issues with my google contacts not syncing so I exported those contacts into my outlook contacts. It doubled some and tripled some.
That's funny, I've had the same issues but with my Outlook contacts. It's my Gmail contacts that have remained stable. Upon further investigation, I see that my contacts on Outlook (web) have separately linked contact info for email, LinkedIn, Facebook and Skype. Some of my contacts have up to 7 separate entries depending on how many emails and social media data they have. When my phone syncs to Outlook, they all come in separately and I have to manually merge them. It's a PITA but at least I only have to do it once. Trouble is, I switch phones frequently so it seems as though I'm doing it every other week or so. It's an Outlook problem because it happens on any mobile OS I happen to activate. BlackBerry OS does a better job of automagically merging contacts with one push of a button though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I guess I realized that the day is coming when there will be no 1520s left worth using. I had to buy 3 to find one that meets my standards. I sold the other 2 on eBay.

I'm running W10M and so far it's fairly stable. I did have some issues with my google contacts not syncing so I exported those contacts into my outlook contacts. It doubled some and tripled some. I had to manually delete the duplicates to make my gmail contacts and outlook contacts the same.

I'm going to use this 1520 for a few months and then go back to an iPhone.
Ohh okay, that makes sense to me. I can totally understand. Enjoy it!

That's funny, I've had the same issues but with my Outlook contacts. It's my Gmail contacts that have remained stable. Upon further investigation, I see that my contacts on Outlook (web) have separately linked contact info for email, LinkedIn, Facebook and Skype. Some of my contacts have up to 7 separate entries depending on how many emails and social media data they have. When my phone syncs to Outlook, they all come in separately and I have to manually merge them. It's a PITA but at least I only have to do it once. Trouble is, I switch phones frequently so it seems as though I'm doing it every other week or so. It's an Outlook problem because it happens on any mobile OS I happen to activate. BlackBerry OS does a better job of automagically merging contacts with one push of a button though.

Yeah, I can relate. Trying all of these Androids, have me doing this over and over. It sucks. I wish that there was a better way.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 is sitting in a drawer in favor of a Lumia 950XL - it just got old, the battery won't last.
I really miss the 6" screen & will attempt a battery replacement, myself.

When I left it, it was running the latest version of WM10 & running it well.
I'd already had the digitizer replaced to offset the phantom touch issue.
Looking forward to reviving that beast, as a previous poster said ... you'd have had to use one to understand.

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Had an iPhone 7 for 2 months, but hated the IQ from the camera, heavy handed processing and NR obliterates detail (I'm a camera type of guy) so bought a brand new 1520 two weeks ago and am loving it, stable, much better IQ from camera :) great battery life.
See crops from 1520 to the right and iPhone 7 at left, iso from i7 was 24 and 40 from the 1520, the 1520 blows the i7 away for IQ. the i7 crop shows the waxy/pastel look to photo that I hate, whereas the 1520 shot has much better detail and a more natural look.
Capture111.JPG

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Had an iPhone 7 for 2 months, but hated the IQ from the camera, heavy handed processing and NR obliterates detail (I'm a camera type of guy) so bought a brand new 1520 two weeks ago and am loving it, stable, much better IQ from camera :) great battery life.
See crops from 1520 to the right and iPhone 7 at left, iso from i7 was 24 and 40 from the 1520, the 1520 blows the i7 away for IQ. the i7 crop shows the waxy/pastel look to photo that I hate, whereas the 1520 shot has much better detail and a more natural look.
View attachment 134214
I didn't realize the FFC on the 1520 was good enough to compete with an iPhone, the back camera was definitely a winner against an iPhone 6S picture and video quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99