lumia 1520 stuck on WP 8

DeadShot180

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Why Is my phone running Windows 8 wen my friend has Win 10 same phone i cant even get 8.1 any help please before i bin the phone and move to Apple

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

I would use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to install the most recent version available for that phone. (it will erase your data on it.)

AND THEN after setting that back up, I would install the Upgrade Advisor app from the Store, which will take you to Windows 10 Mobile.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There were a couple of carrier branded 1520's in the South American markets that had carriers sitting on updates and they never moved past factory issue OS version. The old update lists were deprecated and I can no longer access that info to point to specific brandings...

Any chance you have one of those?

Otherwise, xandros9 is spot on.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried recovery tool reinstalled windows 8 any one. Can help me before going off buy apple 7

8.0 or 8.1?

If it reinstalled 8.0 then use the Preview for Developers app and try to get to 8.1. And then follow my earlier Upgrade Advisor advice.

But of course, you could always sell it and get an iPhone, BlackBerry, HTC One, etc.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I haven't seen this on my unbranded 1520.3.As someone asked, are you on a branded phone where the carrier is interfering with updates? If yes, (or no) maybe go to the Insider Program, Release Preview, the lowest level of test builds. I have a 640 AT&T that I put on Release Preview and fixed the updates AT&T was apparently blocking.

Also, FWIIW, I'm of Insider Fast Ring, and the latest builds are fine on my 1520. Still Fast Ring, and to a lesser extent Slow Ring, are not for the faint of heart, as they're test builds for the next version of Windows 10, the Creator Update, so expect bugs.*

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Didn't Preview for Developers get deprecated last year?

That would leave the user jumping through hoops. He'd have to Developer Unlock his device, install the 8.1 SDK on a PC, find a copy of the PfD appx and sideload/install it.

Imma call some experienced flashers in.

Stand by.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
What happens when you install Windows Device Recovery Tool, connect your phone and check for updates? Also can you post a screenshot of the Extras+Info screen from under settings?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99