Slow ring on 1520

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
ok, so whats the trick? Is there a way to edit phone RM to look like another newer or something? How to do the edit?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
ok, so whats the trick? Is there a way to edit phone RM to look like another newer or something? How to do the edit?
I posted the method I used to get my Cube WP10 into the insiders program here:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?p=3637067

Keep in mind, some of the information in these instructions is strictly for the Cube. This section in particular:

"PhoneManufacturer = Cube
PhoneHardwareVariant = VAR-GSM
PhonemanufacturerModelName = T698
PhoneModelName= T698"

You'll need to get that info off of your specific device and write it down.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
When I updated my 1520 to mask as an AT&T 950 to get to the CU update, it made my key lights never turnoff. Unless the brightness is manually on Low. Even if I set the InactivityTimeout under HKLM\TOUCH\ for the buttons it does not work. Now I am wondering what is the best candidate x50 device or 640... device to mimic to get the ideal changes into the software with minimal quirks or issues...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I'm assuming the issue is the fact that the 950 series had onscreen buttons??? I had not thought about that causing problems with the hardware capacitive buttons on the 1520. If that is the issue, you might be facing the same problem with any device with onscreen buttons.
With my Cube, I set it up as a 950 XL, then, once I got all of the updates, I reverted everything back to the original configurations. When new builds were released, I just spoofed it as a 950XL again, then reverted back once more. Now that you have the updates, you might want to try setting it back up as a 1520 and see if that fixes the issue.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
When I updated my 1520 to mask as an AT&T 950 to get to the CU update, it made my key lights never turnoff. Unless the brightness is manually on Low. Even if I set the InactivityTimeout under HKLM\TOUCH\ for the buttons it does not work. Now I am wondering what is the best candidate x50 device or 640... device to mimic to get the ideal changes into the software with minimal quirks or issues...

My 1520 is set up as a 950 XL and I have no had this issue at all.

EDIT: Are you saying the buttons are still lit when the screen is turned off or when it's on?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My 1520 is set up as a 950 XL and I have no had this issue at all.

EDIT: Are you saying the buttons are still lit when the screen is turned off or when it's on?

No but stay lit so long as the screen is lit.

When I upgraded to W10M from 8.1 using the upgrade advisor. The Keylights would timeout after so long if did not touch the screen, maybe like 10 seconds.
But when I edited the reg settings and took the update as an at&t 950, they did not do this anymore. They stay lit while the screen is on and do not timeout with inactivity before the screen goes off. So if the screen is lit for 15 min and I let it sit there the key lights are lit up too.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. I'm assuming the issue is the fact that the 950 series had onscreen buttons??? I had not thought about that causing problems with the hardware capacitive buttons on the 1520. If that is the issue, you might be facing the same problem with any device with onscreen buttons.
With my Cube, I set it up as a 950 XL, then, once I got all of the updates, I reverted everything back to the original configurations. When new builds were released, I just spoofed it as a 950XL again, then reverted back once more. Now that you have the updates, you might want to try setting it back up as a 1520 and see if that fixes the issue.

I did that. Hard resets too. A hard reset always set back the plarform info. I think you are right and there is some driver that was removed or is being overidden by the fact that the 950 has soft buttons only. I will experiment with certain builds and harware info to see what happens.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
No but stay lit so long as the screen is lit.

When I upgraded to W10M from 8.1 using the upgrade advisor. The Keylights would timeout after so long if did not touch the screen, maybe like 10 seconds.
But when I edited the reg settings and took the update as an at&t 950, they did not do this anymore. They stay lit while the screen is on and do not timeout with inactivity before the screen goes off. So if the screen is lit for 15 min and I let it sit there the key lights are lit up too.

I didn't know the keys were supposed to time out if the screen wasn't touched lol. Mine does the same.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I didn't know the keys were supposed to time out if the screen wasn't touched lol. Mine does the same.

I am not going crazy....that is good and bad...
In 8.1 it turned off like 5 sec before the screen did, so maybe I had some weird fluke when I upgraded to W10M the first time...
I am back on 8.1, I had to revert back for different reasons. Anyway if I set my screen timeout to 30 sec on 8.1. Just before it goes off, when it dims (like 25 sec in) the key lights shut off. If I set to 1 min, they stay lit until about 55 sec. I am about to upgrade to W10M again right now using the upgrade advisor, and I will leave it at where it ends up, then report back if I see any other changes.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am not going crazy....that is good and bad...
In 8.1 it turned off like 5 sec before the screen did, so maybe I had some weird fluke when I upgraded to W10M the first time...
I am back on 8.1, I had to revert back for different reasons. Anyway if I set my screen timeout to 30 sec on 8.1. Just before it goes off, when it dims (like 25 sec in) the key lights shut off. If I set to 1 min, they stay lit until about 55 sec. I am about to upgrade to W10M again right now using the upgrade advisor, and I will leave it at where it ends up, then report back if I see any other changes.

My buttons definitely shut off when my screen times out, but when I'm using the phone (games, Netflix, whatever) the keys are always lit.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My buttons definitely shut off when my screen times out, but when I'm using the phone (games, Netflix, whatever) the keys are always lit.

Ya. I must have been going bonkers I suppose. I have updated as far as I can go on W10M now. It only times out 5 seconds before the screen shuts off. So the key lights shut off first then 5 sec later the screen times out to off. Since I have not moved to the CU update with 950/xl "credentials" I am going to try my luck on on this build for a while...14393.1480

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ya. I must have been going bonkers I suppose. I have updated as far as I can go on W10M now. It only times out 5 seconds before the screen shuts off. So the key lights shut off first then 5 sec later the screen times out to off. Since I have not moved to the CU update with 950/xl "credentials" I am going to try my luck on on this build for a while...14393.1480

Let me know how it goes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss