XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
Like Tree1Likes
  1. chfhyh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Source from Chinese Sina Weibo. Here are the specs:

    10.1 inch at 1080p
    Snapdragon 800 at 2.15GHz
    32GB
    Red for Verizon

    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ww3sinaimgcnlargea4c10a14jw1e7odhuhte1j20c10dpjr.jpg  
  2. mase123987's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,237 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Interesting pics. I saw the thread on digi-wo.com...

    It is all possible. True? I don't know...
  3. Kram Devil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    ok, i feel kinda bad now. just bought another tablet since I couldn't wait for it.
    I guess I'll just buy some bright pink spraypaint and make do with my decision. ;)

    Oh Nokia, If only I saw this 24 hours ago. *sigh*
    Jazmac likes this.
  4. LMZR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,742 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Pictures missing? I cannot see any.
  5. gsquared's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    That doesn't look like a 10" tablet. I'd say 7 or 8" at most.
  6. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,778 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    That doesn't look like a 10" tablet. I'd say 7 or 8" at most.
    I didn't think so either, but I just held my hand + surface at the same angle. Looks the same.
  7. calfee20's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kram Devil View Post
    ok, i feel kinda bad now. just bought another tablet since I couldn't wait for it.
    I guess I'll just buy some bright pink spraypaint and make do with my decision. ;)

    Oh Nokia, If only I saw this 24 hours ago. *sigh*
    24 hours? Take it back!
  8. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,105 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    IMO the only way RT will sell is a very cheap price. It is very none Nokia to go for cheap price on a launch like this, but there possibly being no camera there do hint that maybe we are looking at ~299 euros tablet here.
  9. gsquared's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    I'm still surprised Nokia is getting into the RT market. It was a good move for them to hold off until now however. Let everyone else take the initial losses and get out of that space (IE: Asus). They can now jump in and start building up the platform like their doing with WP.

    If they play it right RT could be a good product for them. I'm thinking matching Lumia phone + tablet. I think its something the ladies would like.
  10. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,778 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    I'll be very interested to see what they come up with. My concerns aren't so much with the app selection (or restriction) but the performance. Even with all the updates, the Surface RT is a pretty poor performer for all but the most basic tasks. I was at my parent's house this weekend and tried to play Hydro Thunder; what a disaster. To be honest, if it can't play any game, or run any app, available in the MS app store, it's a failure in my opinion. I don't expect it to play the latest PC games, but everything in the app store is a must. Maybe the new Snapdragon 800 is a vast improvement. I'm definitely encouraged by the 4g connectivity.
  11. Iain_S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    I'm still surprised Nokia is getting into the RT market. It was a good move for them to hold off until now however. Let everyone else take the initial losses and get out of that space (IE: Asus). They can now jump in and start building up the platform like their doing with WP.

    If they play it right RT could be a good product for them. I'm thinking matching Lumia phone + tablet. I think its something the ladies would like.
    why would you be surprised at this, RT is the future of mobile devices from MS, phones and tablets, is good Nokia getting into it now with testing hardware and software because afterall soon this will be the same OS that is on WP
  12. Nemesis-X's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    C'MON media device manufacturers, start making these entry level media CONSUMPTION devices with a base onboard storage of 128GB. Honestly, the clouds a great idea in a world where Carriers are not making you bend over without lube with overage charges. Yeah, let's have people stream movies and high data features instead of giving them a decent amount of storage so that said device can be used properly.

    Yes, some people are quite happy with only 16GB useable storage.
  13. stephen_az's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,268 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    It seems like a pretty obvious fake, right down to the unnecessarily grainy images and the choice of angles designed to obscure any actual detail. It is not even the proper VZW logo.
  14. Liam Perry's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    I was actually about to go pick up a surface RT, but stopped once I saw this. I would LOVE a Nokia tablet running Windows RT! I sold my Galaxy Tab2, because at the end of the day it was just an oversized android phone. I don't understand all the hate towards RT. it's years beyond iOS and Android's tablet iterations. USB, Native printer support, and FULL OFFICE.
    I just really hope this tablet comes with microsd expansion. Storage is a huge limitation on todays devices.

    How do people feel about the bright colours? Personally i'd love red as it'd go well with my 920. :)
  15. Harry Wild's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    10" is kind of big form factor for a tablet today! 8" inch is the right size! Nokia should of learn from sales of Samsung, Nexus and iPad Minis. More then 65% are under 8"!
  16. WanderingTraveler's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,997 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post
    10" is kind of big form factor for a tablet today! 8" inch is the right size! Nokia should of learn from sales of Samsung, Nexus and iPad Minis. More then 65% are under 8"!
    Not when you plan on using the Snap feature half of the time and you also rely on the Office Suite.

    Which is exactly my use case once I get one.
  17. Jazmac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,978 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,984 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Be patient. Time will reveal everything. Who am I kidding. No sport in that. lol
  18. smoledman's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,425 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis-X View Post
    C'MON media device manufacturers, start making these entry level media CONSUMPTION devices with a base onboard storage of 128GB. Honestly, the clouds a great idea in a world where Carriers are not making you bend over without lube with overage charges. Yeah, let's have people stream movies and high data features instead of giving them a decent amount of storage so that said device can be used properly.

    Yes, some people are quite happy with only 16GB useable storage.
    Especially when you consider Windows RT takes 16GB out of the box. 64GB is the minimum storage for an RT device. If this is 32GB, that's a huge FAIL on Nokia.
  19. Keith Wallace's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,159 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    I hope that this doesn't happen. RT needs to just die off already, it's a colossal failure. They should be focusing on Atom tablets for the low-end. Pushing x86 compatibility IS the answer to making Windows tablets attractive alternatives to iOS and Android ones.
  20. Michael Alan Goff's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,070 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,286 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    I hope that this doesn't happen. RT needs to just die off already, it's a colossal failure. They should be focusing on Atom tablets for the low-end. Pushing x86 compatibility IS the answer to making Windows tablets attractive alternatives to iOS and Android ones.
    What makes an Atom tablet a better option for iPad-type things than an RT tablet?
  21. smoledman's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,425 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Alan Goff View Post
    What makes an Atom tablet a better option for iPad-type things than an RT tablet?
    Because Gen 1 was a colossal failure and Microsoft should just quit after Gen 1 fails. Quit early and often is the FUD motto!
  22. Michael Alan Goff's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,070 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,286 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Because Gen 1 was a colossal failure and Microsoft should just quit after Gen 1 fails. Quit early and often is the FUD motto!
    Hehe.

    But I'm serious. It isn't even like Bay Trail is really going to be smashing ARM like we thought it would. There is, literally, no reason for RT to die off. We just need a bigger push from Microsoft for people to port over their programs. Also, we need more powerful API.
  23. Mellifluous's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    I recently got a Surface RT, find it useful in ways my iPad is not - Office, file management, the ability to play different kinds of video files, a familiar OS, for example - so can certainly see a place for it in the tablet world.

    Bear in mind too that it is more featured than a device like the Kindle Fire HD, which is only 50 cheaper than RT currently. My boss bought one to actually use as a mobile work device and can't even sign into one of our office networks on it because it doesn't allow proxy servers - a Surface RT would be much more suited to his needs.

    Nokia entering the RT arena is a great thing in my book. We can agree the hardware will be good but competitively priced - see what they've done with the Lumia 520. Like Windows Phone, Windows 8 is slightly lacking in apps, and I think they could adopt a similar strategy in Windows 8 to that which they've had in Windows Phone - striking deals and bringing companies' apps to Windows 8, which will benefit the Windows 8 eco system as a whole and not just Windows RT.

    Windows RT has a lot of potential. It's not going to replace full Windows anytime soon (and isn't intended to right now) but Skydrive in 8.1 shows the potential of the OS having a Modern app that also integrates well with the Desktop, and I think Nokia could become a champion for encouraging developers to create this kind of app.
  24. nasellok's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    351 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellifluous View Post
    I recently got a Surface RT, find it useful in ways my iPad is not - Office, file management, the ability to play different kinds of video files, a familiar OS, for example - so can certainly see a place for it in the tablet world.

    Bear in mind too that it is more featured than a device like the Kindle Fire HD, which is only 50 cheaper than RT currently. My boss bought one to actually use as a mobile work device and can't even sign into one of our office networks on it because it doesn't allow proxy servers - a Surface RT would be much more suited to his needs.

    Nokia entering the RT arena is a great thing in my book. We can agree the hardware will be good but competitively priced - see what they've done with the Lumia 520. Like Windows Phone, Windows 8 is slightly lacking in apps, and I think they could adopt a similar strategy in Windows 8 to that which they've had in Windows Phone - striking deals and bringing companies' apps to Windows 8, which will benefit the Windows 8 eco system as a whole and not just Windows RT.

    Windows RT has a lot of potential. It's not going to replace full Windows anytime soon (and isn't intended to right now) but Skydrive in 8.1 shows the potential of the OS having a Modern app that also integrates well with the Desktop, and I think Nokia could become a champion for encouraging developers to create this kind of app.
    Perhaps Nokia has figured out how to run Windows Phone apps on Windows RT - this would instantly expand the app store, and give users more options. I am also hoping that it supports miracast, because I don't think the final 8.1 on Surface RT will allow it, which means I will be selling mine as soon as the RT2 comes out. I will wait to see what Surface 2 will be, then decide on that or the Nokia.
  25. Rico's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    I hope that this doesn't happen. RT needs to just die off already, it's a colossal failure. They should be focusing on Atom tablets for the low-end. Pushing x86 compatibility IS the answer to making Windows tablets attractive alternatives to iOS and Android ones.
    I disagree strongly.
    RT needs to mature, not die. It's perfect for tablets. With maturity it could
    be an excellent laptop/desktop OS as well. Also with maturity, we'll get much
    better app support, a number of devices to run it on, and prices more on par with
    midrange Android tablets than entry level laptops.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Nokia Lumia 920 not enough to play Temple Run smoothly?
    By Mandeep148 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 07:48 AM
  2. Nokia Smart cam vs Smart Shoot
    By srihari324 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 08:46 AM
  3. Administrator Rights on a Windows 8 Tablet
    By cj-m in forum Windows 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 12:15 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 08:13 PM
  5. What is the most secure way to wipe info from Surface RT
    By blackhawk556 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions