Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Source from Chinese Sina Weibo. Here are the specs:

10.1 inch at 1080p
    Snapdragon 800 at 2.15GHz
    32GB
    Red for Verizon

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ww3sinaimgcnlargea4c10a14jw1e7odhuhte1j20c10dpjr.jpg  

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Interesting pics. I saw the thread on digi-wo.com...

It is all possible. True? I don't know...

ok, i feel kinda bad now. just bought another tablet since I couldn't wait for it.
    I guess I'll just buy some bright pink spraypaint and make do with my decision. ;)

Oh Nokia, If only I saw this 24 hours ago. *sigh*
    Jazmac likes this.

Global Posts
    2,736 Global Posts
    Pictures missing? I cannot see any.
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR

That doesn't look like a 10" tablet. I'd say 7 or 8" at most.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Global Posts
    1,619 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    That doesn't look like a 10" tablet. I'd say 7 or 8" at most.
    I didn't think so either, but I just held my hand + surface at the same angle. Looks the same.

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kram Devil View Post
    ok, i feel kinda bad now. just bought another tablet since I couldn't wait for it.
    I guess I'll just buy some bright pink spraypaint and make do with my decision. ;)

Oh Nokia, If only I saw this 24 hours ago. *sigh*
    24 hours? Take it back!

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    IMO the only way RT will sell is a very cheap price. It is very none Nokia to go for cheap price on a launch like this, but there possibly being no camera there do hint that maybe we are looking at ~299 euros tablet here.

I'm still surprised Nokia is getting into the RT market. It was a good move for them to hold off until now however. Let everyone else take the initial losses and get out of that space (IE: Asus). They can now jump in and start building up the platform like their doing with WP.

If they play it right RT could be a good product for them. I'm thinking matching Lumia phone + tablet. I think its something the ladies would like.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Global Posts
    1,619 Global Posts
    I'll be very interested to see what they come up with. My concerns aren't so much with the app selection (or restriction) but the performance. Even with all the updates, the Surface RT is a pretty poor performer for all but the most basic tasks. I was at my parent's house this weekend and tried to play Hydro Thunder; what a disaster. To be honest, if it can't play any game, or run any app, available in the MS app store, it's a failure in my opinion. I don't expect it to play the latest PC games, but everything in the app store is a must. Maybe the new Snapdragon 800 is a vast improvement. I'm definitely encouraged by the 4g connectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    I'm still surprised Nokia is getting into the RT market. It was a good move for them to hold off until now however. Let everyone else take the initial losses and get out of that space (IE: Asus). They can now jump in and start building up the platform like their doing with WP.

If they play it right RT could be a good product for them. I'm thinking matching Lumia phone + tablet. I think its something the ladies would like.
    why would you be surprised at this, RT is the future of mobile devices from MS, phones and tablets, is good Nokia getting into it now with testing hardware and software because afterall soon this will be the same OS that is on WP

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    C'MON media device manufacturers, start making these entry level media CONSUMPTION devices with a base onboard storage of 128GB. Honestly, the clouds a great idea in a world where Carriers are not making you bend over without lube with overage charges. Yeah, let's have people stream movies and high data features instead of giving them a decent amount of storage so that said device can be used properly.

Yes, some people are quite happy with only 16GB useable storage.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    It seems like a pretty obvious fake, right down to the unnecessarily grainy images and the choice of angles designed to obscure any actual detail. It is not even the proper VZW logo.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I was actually about to go pick up a surface RT, but stopped once I saw this. I would LOVE a Nokia tablet running Windows RT! I sold my Galaxy Tab2, because at the end of the day it was just an oversized android phone. I don't understand all the hate towards RT. it's years beyond iOS and Android's tablet iterations. USB, Native printer support, and FULL OFFICE.
    I just really hope this tablet comes with microsd expansion. Storage is a huge limitation on todays devices.

How do people feel about the bright colours? Personally i'd love red as it'd go well with my 920. :)

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    10" is kind of big form factor for a tablet today! 8" inch is the right size! Nokia should of learn from sales of Samsung, Nexus and iPad Minis. More then 65% are under 8"!

Global Posts
    4,719 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post
    10" is kind of big form factor for a tablet today! 8" inch is the right size! Nokia should of learn from sales of Samsung, Nexus and iPad Minis. More then 65% are under 8"!
    Not when you plan on using the Snap feature half of the time and you also rely on the Office Suite.

Which is exactly my use case once I get one.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Be patient. Time will reveal everything. Who am I kidding. No sport in that. lol

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis-X View Post
    C'MON media device manufacturers, start making these entry level media CONSUMPTION devices with a base onboard storage of 128GB. Honestly, the clouds a great idea in a world where Carriers are not making you bend over without lube with overage charges. Yeah, let's have people stream movies and high data features instead of giving them a decent amount of storage so that said device can be used properly.

Yes, some people are quite happy with only 16GB useable storage.
    Especially when you consider Windows RT takes 16GB out of the box. 64GB is the minimum storage for an RT device. If this is 32GB, that's a huge FAIL on Nokia.
    I hope that this doesn't happen. RT needs to just die off already, it's a colossal failure. They should be focusing on Atom tablets for the low-end. Pushing x86 compatibility IS the answer to making Windows tablets attractive alternatives to iOS and Android ones.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    I hope that this doesn't happen. RT needs to just die off already, it's a colossal failure. They should be focusing on Atom tablets for the low-end. Pushing x86 compatibility IS the answer to making Windows tablets attractive alternatives to iOS and Android ones.
    What makes an Atom tablet a better option for iPad-type things than an RT tablet?

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Alan Goff View Post
    What makes an Atom tablet a better option for iPad-type things than an RT tablet?
    Because Gen 1 was a colossal failure and Microsoft should just quit after Gen 1 fails. Quit early and often is the FUD motto!

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Because Gen 1 was a colossal failure and Microsoft should just quit after Gen 1 fails. Quit early and often is the FUD motto!
    Hehe.

But I'm serious. It isn't even like Bay Trail is really going to be smashing ARM like we thought it would. There is, literally, no reason for RT to die off. We just need a bigger push from Microsoft for people to port over their programs. Also, we need more powerful API.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I recently got a Surface RT, find it useful in ways my iPad is not - Office, file management, the ability to play different kinds of video files, a familiar OS, for example - so can certainly see a place for it in the tablet world.

Bear in mind too that it is more featured than a device like the Kindle Fire HD, which is only 50 cheaper than RT currently. My boss bought one to actually use as a mobile work device and can't even sign into one of our office networks on it because it doesn't allow proxy servers - a Surface RT would be much more suited to his needs.

Nokia entering the RT arena is a great thing in my book. We can agree the hardware will be good but competitively priced - see what they've done with the Lumia 520. Like Windows Phone, Windows 8 is slightly lacking in apps, and I think they could adopt a similar strategy in Windows 8 to that which they've had in Windows Phone - striking deals and bringing companies' apps to Windows 8, which will benefit the Windows 8 eco system as a whole and not just Windows RT.

Windows RT has a lot of potential. It's not going to replace full Windows anytime soon (and isn't intended to right now) but Skydrive in 8.1 shows the potential of the OS having a Modern app that also integrates well with the Desktop, and I think Nokia could become a champion for encouraging developers to create this kind of app.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellifluous View Post
    I recently got a Surface RT, find it useful in ways my iPad is not - Office, file management, the ability to play different kinds of video files, a familiar OS, for example - so can certainly see a place for it in the tablet world.

Bear in mind too that it is more featured than a device like the Kindle Fire HD, which is only 50 cheaper than RT currently. My boss bought one to actually use as a mobile work device and can't even sign into one of our office networks on it because it doesn't allow proxy servers - a Surface RT would be much more suited to his needs.

Nokia entering the RT arena is a great thing in my book. We can agree the hardware will be good but competitively priced - see what they've done with the Lumia 520. Like Windows Phone, Windows 8 is slightly lacking in apps, and I think they could adopt a similar strategy in Windows 8 to that which they've had in Windows Phone - striking deals and bringing companies' apps to Windows 8, which will benefit the Windows 8 eco system as a whole and not just Windows RT.

Windows RT has a lot of potential. It's not going to replace full Windows anytime soon (and isn't intended to right now) but Skydrive in 8.1 shows the potential of the OS having a Modern app that also integrates well with the Desktop, and I think Nokia could become a champion for encouraging developers to create this kind of app.
    Perhaps Nokia has figured out how to run Windows Phone apps on Windows RT - this would instantly expand the app store, and give users more options. I am also hoping that it supports miracast, because I don't think the final 8.1 on Surface RT will allow it, which means I will be selling mine as soon as the RT2 comes out. I will wait to see what Surface 2 will be, then decide on that or the Nokia.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    I disagree strongly.
    RT needs to mature, not die. It's perfect for tablets. With maturity it could
    be an excellent laptop/desktop OS as well. Also with maturity, we'll get much
    better app support, a number of devices to run it on, and prices more on par with
    midrange Android tablets than entry level laptops.
    Microsoft Store employee; opinions are mine.

I'm on the Twitters.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast