Thanks.

Attachments

• ww3sinaimgcnlargea4c10a14jw1e7odhuhte1j20c10dpjr.jpg
    ww3sinaimgcnlargea4c10a14jw1e7odhuhte1j20c10dpjr.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 482

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
ok, i feel kinda bad now. just bought another tablet since I couldn't wait for it.
I guess I'll just buy some bright pink spraypaint and make do with my decision. ;)

Oh Nokia, If only I saw this 24 hours ago. *sigh*

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
IMO the only way RT will sell is a very cheap price. It is very none Nokia to go for cheap price on a launch like this, but there possibly being no camera there do hint that maybe we are looking at ~299 euros tablet here.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm still surprised Nokia is getting into the RT market. It was a good move for them to hold off until now however. Let everyone else take the initial losses and get out of that space (IE: Asus). They can now jump in and start building up the platform like their doing with WP.

If they play it right RT could be a good product for them. I'm thinking matching Lumia phone + tablet. I think its something the ladies would like.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll be very interested to see what they come up with. My concerns aren't so much with the app selection (or restriction) but the performance. Even with all the updates, the Surface RT is a pretty poor performer for all but the most basic tasks. I was at my parent's house this weekend and tried to play Hydro Thunder; what a disaster. To be honest, if it can't play any game, or run any app, available in the MS app store, it's a failure in my opinion. I don't expect it to play the latest PC games, but everything in the app store is a must. Maybe the new Snapdragon 800 is a vast improvement. I'm definitely encouraged by the 4g connectivity.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still surprised Nokia is getting into the RT market. It was a good move for them to hold off until now however. Let everyone else take the initial losses and get out of that space (IE: Asus). They can now jump in and start building up the platform like their doing with WP.

If they play it right RT could be a good product for them. I'm thinking matching Lumia phone + tablet. I think its something the ladies would like.

why would you be surprised at this, RT is the future of mobile devices from MS, phones and tablets, is good Nokia getting into it now with testing hardware and software because afterall soon this will be the same OS that is on WP

Nemesis-X

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
C'MON media device manufacturers, start making these entry level media CONSUMPTION devices with a base onboard storage of 128GB. Honestly, the clouds a great idea in a world where Carriers are not making you bend over without lube with overage charges. Yeah, let's have people stream movies and high data features instead of giving them a decent amount of storage so that said device can be used properly.

Yes, some people are quite happy with only 16GB useable storage.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a pretty obvious fake, right down to the unnecessarily grainy images and the choice of angles designed to obscure any actual detail. It is not even the proper VZW logo.

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I was actually about to go pick up a surface RT, but stopped once I saw this. I would LOVE a Nokia tablet running Windows RT! I sold my Galaxy Tab2, because at the end of the day it was just an oversized android phone. I don't understand all the hate towards RT. it's years beyond iOS and Android's tablet iterations. USB, Native printer support, and FULL OFFICE.
I just really hope this tablet comes with microsd expansion. Storage is a huge limitation on todays devices.

How do people feel about the bright colours? Personally i'd love red as it'd go well with my 920. :)

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
10" is kind of big form factor for a tablet today! 8" inch is the right size! Nokia should of learn from sales of Samsung, Nexus and iPad Minis. More then 65% are under 8"!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
10" is kind of big form factor for a tablet today! 8" inch is the right size! Nokia should of learn from sales of Samsung, Nexus and iPad Minis. More then 65% are under 8"!
Not when you plan on using the Snap feature half of the time and you also rely on the Office Suite.
Which is exactly my use case once I get one.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
C'MON media device manufacturers, start making these entry level media CONSUMPTION devices with a base onboard storage of 128GB. Honestly, the clouds a great idea in a world where Carriers are not making you bend over without lube with overage charges. Yeah, let's have people stream movies and high data features instead of giving them a decent amount of storage so that said device can be used properly.

Yes, some people are quite happy with only 16GB useable storage.

Especially when you consider Windows RT takes 16GB out of the box. 64GB is the minimum storage for an RT device. If this is 32GB, that's a huge FAIL on Nokia.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope that this doesn't happen. RT needs to just die off already, it's a colossal failure. They should be focusing on Atom tablets for the low-end. Pushing x86 compatibility IS the answer to making Windows tablets attractive alternatives to iOS and Android ones.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I hope that this doesn't happen. RT needs to just die off already, it's a colossal failure. They should be focusing on Atom tablets for the low-end. Pushing x86 compatibility IS the answer to making Windows tablets attractive alternatives to iOS and Android ones.

What makes an Atom tablet a better option for iPad-type things than an RT tablet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss