Second Nokia Charger??

wiederman

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any clue where I could purchase a second AC adapter for the the 2520... I got this tablet for my mother who likes to leave a charger at work and at home... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Spdracer

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
haven't seen charger or any accessories for 2520 yet. I would like an additional charge also. Maybe find a universal with same voltage/amps with interchangeable tips?

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Many high street shops sell USB chargers. Doesn't it use USB?
No, it does not.

I tried doing a little search for you and came up with nothing. The product page lists the Nokia AC-300 as the charger included, but I couldn't find that listed anywhere for sale. If you really want to get one that's not a Nokia AC-300, you'll be looking for is a 2.5mm charger that has same output as the wall charger that came with it. I'm not at home to check mine now, but look for both volts and amperage. For example, if you see "Output: 5V 2.1A" this means the output is 5 volts and 2.1 amps. I'm no expert on this, so my suggestion is to just wait until you can find an AC-300 for sale.

baparks

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I e-mailed Nokia USA earlier in the week asking about purchasing an additional charger (and to find out when the power keyboard would be available) -- this was the response:

We understand that you want to purchase a Nokia Charger for your Nokia Lumia 2520 and you want to confirm the availability of the Nokia Power Keyboard in the United States. In response to this, we would like to inform you that as of the moment, we do not have any information regarding the exact date for the availability of the Nokia Power Keyboard in the country.

With this, we can only suggest checking the availability of the Nokia Charger from your service provider, Amazon.com, other third-party online stores, or from third-party retail stores near your area.

PureViewClub

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd be happy to read the exact specifications for this Nokia AC 300 wall charger. My Lumia 2520 arrived today (US import) but the charger is missing from the ("sealed") package. So 40% left and after that I can't use it anymore until I find a solution.:unhappysweat:

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Model AC-300
AC Input: 100-240V, 50-60Hz 0.65A
DC Output: 20V --...1.5A
Part Code: 0675693

I'd post a photo, but the upload dialog does not work well with my 2520's browser.

outback15

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd be happy to read the exact specifications for this Nokia AC 300 wall charger. My Lumia 2520 arrived today (US import) but the charger is missing from the ("sealed") package. So 40% left and after that I can't use it anymore until I find a solution.:unhappysweat:

U can try using old Nokia phone chargers with the 2.5mm plug. It may have a lower voltage output thus may charge ur 2520 slower.

PureViewClub

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Well thanks, that's a start.
I have a Qi charging stand, but that's the DT-900 and the charger (AC-301E) is different

The specs from the original Lumia 2520 charger (AC-300) are
input 100/240v 50-60hz 0.65A / output 20V 1.5A

The specs from the Qi charging stand (AC-301E) are
Input 100/240v 50-60Hz 0.3A / output 12V 0.75A,

Tried it, it doesn't charge at all. Should it? I'm clueless in matters like these.
Would you (or someone) have the exact specs of the DT-910 Qi charging stand?

Thanks in advance!

PureViewClub

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The search continues. I found the specs of the DT-910 as exactly the same as the one from the DT-900 Qi wireless charger.
Nokia Wireless Charging Stand Specifications - Nokia
Charger standby consumption: Less than 30 mW
Charger input current: 300 mA
Charger output current: 750 mA
Charger input voltage: 100 - 240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
Charger output voltage: 12 V
So although it will fit, it won't work...:-/

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
It is the voltage that needs to match. Depending on the design of the charger (and the minimum rate the tablet will accept) it is the current (Amps) that can be lower or higher. It is possible to find a charger with the correct voltage and a lower current but if it isn't current regulated it might die an early death.

PureViewClub

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an update for you guys (and girls?), and it doesn't look pretty.
- The Microsoft Store in the US says that if its not available online, you can't order this charger.
- Even Nokia Customer Care in Finland (!) can't order this charger at the moment.

So either you'll have to be patient, or settle for (and be very careful with) the charger you have.
As for me: I have no other choice than to reset my 2520 with its last energy and return it to where it came from.

Bummer.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from nokia. Verizon Wireless should be able to order them. ATT, Amazon, and the Microsoft Store should see them in channel soon.

When I pressed, I got offered a freebie to replace mine if it broke, I declined, but did ask that they try to be a bit more pro-active putting out official accessories.

PureViewClub

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Just got word that AT&T will be able to order this "missing link". Will decide to keep the Lumia 2520 after all and just wait for the charger to arrive. Since I won't take the risk of it getting lost in the mail, it will be February before I can finally enjoy my tablet. Maybe I'll get a travel charger sooner, in some magical way. Everyone I talked to warned me to only use the original charger (garanty etc)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6