Broken screen

David Wilson14

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

Unfortunately I have dropped my Lumia 2520 and the screen has shattered, everything else is working fine, only the screen is broken. I have searched the internet for a replacement screen and digitiser but I am unable to find anywhere that supply these. Also I contacted local phone and computer repair centres, all were unable to help.

Is anyone on the forum able to offer advice on the supply of the screen etc, or a repair centre?

I live in the UK however I would be willing to send it out of the UK as long as the price was not too high.

Thanks in advance,

David

David Wilson14

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
No joy from the York shop, they didn't seem to have even heard of the Nokia LUMIA 2520. I have not tried any other centres yet. I can't find any suppliers of screens on the internet ether. Is it that this device is still to new, or that Nokia are not going to bother supporting it? That would be a shame if not.
I am using a surface 2 at the moment and, to put it simply its not as good. Perhaps the kickstand on the surface 2 is the only advantage over the Nokia. Any thoughts or advice?

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Any luck with a replacement screen? I dropped mine last night and now there is a nice crack from top to bottom. :( Even the bottom corner of my power keyboard is cracked so it doesn't hold the tablet as well but at least it still works. I'm reluctant to try and replace the screen protector because I don't want it to pull the glass apart and mess up the digitizer and screen underneath (the protector cracked too).

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The MS site pointed me to Palco Repair Center for US based repair and they estimate the repair to be $285. I've seen refurb 2520s for that. Maybe I'll try the screen protector replacement and see if I can make this tablet last a while. For that price I'm willing to swap the screen my self if I can find a replacement.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess I should post an update on my broken screen situation. I was very fortunate to pick up a practically brand new 2520 + power keyboard on eBay for $300. I decided that now I could risk taking off the Illumishield screen protector off of my broken screen and had a great surprise. The crack, that actually had depth, was only in the screen protector! I have an extra tablet now, which my daughter loves to use since it much lighter than her laptop.

I was also able to repair the cracked corner of the keyboard using the heat gun portion of my soldering workstation.

Hope others have as good of luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism