Maybe I'm Crazy BUT........

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've decided to pick up a 2520 with the power keyboard for about 155$ USD.

Yeah, I know RT is dead/no Universal apps/ etc but I need something to hold me over until the next gen of iPads come out (don't judge :p)

Basically, I'm out in China as an exchange student/PT teacher and need something for docs/presentations/Netflix/browsing. My X205TA crapped out after 6 months (decent comp if I didn't toss it around so much) and I want to try something new (or in this case; old).

I was looking at tablets like the Yoga Tablet 2 and Chinese brands but neither fit the bill. The Yoga is about double the cost and while the specs on Chinese tablets are great, the batt life is horrible....

So.... am I crazy?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So.... am I crazy?

If you are, it's catching.

I took a chance on a 2520 and loved it... However, I had to return that one as the Swappa seller still owed money on it to ATT and I could not get the SIM tray unlocked. That made me fearful he would default on it and get the device blacklisted.

I've got another ordered and it is coming late this week.

I think you'll like it. There is a rumor RT may be getting the new Start that 10 has and a wider store access. Even without that, the Office '13 alone makes these machines still a great bargain.

P.S.: Battery on the 2520 is a champ and the charger really gets the whopping 8120 mAh battery topped off FAST.

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an exam due on Friday so I can't really mess around with it.

First impressions,
-Decent tablet for the price (Not worth much more than I paid)
-Wish it had Chrome but meh.... hopefully a version of Edge will be ported over
- Batt didn't drain much when playing with it (assuming I can get 10+ hours with the batt cover combo)
-Not a big app guy since I usually use the browser
- IE is painfully slow
-Keyboard folds nice but flimsy(I'll get used to it)

*Overall I'm happy with the purchase, it should keep me busy until Apple announces their next line of products

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Got my new 2520 in today. Looks very nice. One small scuff on the back. No worries, I'll be keeping it in a Poetic portfolio case.

Requested an unlock from AT&T, clicked the confirm link in the email they send and got my code in less than a minute. :excited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...the prices on Swappa look great!

I had problems with a 2520 I bought on Swappa. The guy never paid it off with ATT. I had to file a PayPal claim and send the tablet back to get a refund... I've not seen him relist it yet, but he will.

The only seller for the ATT variant on Swappa right now is IBS. Check my discussion with them here: https://swappa.com/listing/YZE971/view?ref=mobilenations&data1=UUwpUvbUpU3203259

They refuse to show one with the screen on to verify it works and they also refuse to verify if it can be unlocked. I was not happy with the evasiveness of the seller.

I went to eBay for my second try: B Unlocked Nokia Lumia Tablet 2520 32GB Wi Fi 4G 10 1in | eBay

The description is a generic disclaimer. Mine came in with a flawless screen, a small nick on the back and that is it. Works great and unlocked cleanly so I know the IMEI is good and will remain so.

Good luck.

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the red Verizon version. Not bad with the black keyboard. I would rather have it the other way around though.

20150819_045016063_iOS.jpg

GMC262

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I sold my 2520 so I can't verify anymore, but I 'm sure I wasn't imagining this: has anyone else been able to pinch and enlarge Instagram photos with the 2520?

Enjoyed the tablet but found the screen difficult get completely smudge-free. Sold it in anticipation of the Surface 3 with LTE but who knows when T-Mobile will have it.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I've decided to pick up a 2520 with the power keyboard for about 155$ USD.

Yeah, I know RT is dead/no Universal apps/ etc but I need something to hold me over until the next gen of iPads come out (don't judge :p)

Basically, I'm out in China as an exchange student/PT teacher and need something for docs/presentations/Netflix/browsing. My X205TA crapped out after 6 months (decent comp if I didn't toss it around so much) and I want to try something new (or in this case; old).

I was looking at tablets like the Yoga Tablet 2 and Chinese brands but neither fit the bill. The Yoga is about double the cost and while the specs on Chinese tablets are great, the batt life is horrible....

So.... am I crazy?

Yeah, you might be crazy but with such a small investment you can't be too disappointed.

I'd recommend a Surface Pro model. Only the iPad is comparable as far as build quality... and, you know, you can do real work with it.

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
App store is horrible but I knew this going in. Running iheartradio and using ie is nice for my needs. For most users, they would go crazy.....

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
To speed up your browser on your 2520 -

You can go to the desktop version of IE on the desktop and go to Manage Addons. Go to Tracking Protection and add a provider. I just used the first one, Easylist Standard. Makes a huge difference when going back to a previous page on both the Start page version and the full IE.

I LOVE my 2520. It's a great little device and battery lasts silly crazy.

I hope you enjoy yours!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo