Lumia 520 Purchases

Cloud Denton

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Brought mine on-line from Telecom New Zealand, love the crisp screen and it's very speedy in every aspect except loading heavy webpages. The Xbox Music Pass and Internet Explorer are disappointing but that the OS, the 520 it's self is great, only niggle is the side buttons are kinda rigid, they don't "click" nicely.

PS: And no compass, annoying not knowing were your facing when your lost in a new city. I'd probably recommend biting the bullet and buying the 720 (not the 620, I prefer the 520 screen to the 620 screen).

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine from Telus Pre-Paid, no contract. On sale for $129 CAD. I got it for $98 plus tax through a friend :)

Great little phone.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 520 for 3 weeks now and I love it. The Nokia apps make it for me, the Nokia Radio and Drive apps are fantastic. For under ?10 a month on a contract including calls, texts and data it's a bargain. I came from an iPhone 5 and it doesn't at all feel like a downgrade which is really strange and not what I was expecting.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a 520 from carphonewarehouse in cyan. Amazing! I had played about with android alternatives and my wife has an iPhone 5 and imo I think this is better, for me anyway. I think the freedom you have for the start screen "out of the box" is hands down the best, this goes for all w8 lumias though.

Brilliant!

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I got one for my best friend as a gift. In hindsight, I would've bought her Lumia 810 for $200 on eBay instead. Its still a great phone for the price, though. Specially considering the prepaid $30/month plan with ult text, data, and 100 mins of voice.

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine from Telus, I unlocked it and have it on Bell as a replacement for my smashed 8S. Liking it so far, love all these Nokia features :)

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys I bought the phone a few days back and I have a small question, don't really want to make a new thread for this question.

In the official music+video player, isn't it possible to forward or rewind the music files ? I can't seem to be able to do it. The tiny little track bar that shows how far the song/file is done can't be manipulated by touch. It's OK for songs, but for listening to podcasts it could be an issue.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Guys I bought the phone a few days back and I have a small question, don't really want to make a new thread for this question.

In the official music+video player, isn't it possible to forward or rewind the music files ? I can't seem to be able to do it. The tiny little track bar that shows how far the song/file is done can't be manipulated by touch. It's OK for songs, but for listening to podcasts it could be an issue.

Press and hold the skip buttons, that acts as ff/rewind.

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering buying one and using it without a cell plan as a GPS unit with drive or something along those lines... I have a 920 but for some weird reason I want one of these haha

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Today I am back on Windows Phone 8 at last !! :D

I purchased a Lumia 920 in November and used it for only 10 days before returning it due to heating concerns, plus unable to unlock it back then. I switched to Wind and settled with a Lumia 710 which I flashed with a custom WP7.8 ROM, but have been feeling like a fish out of water for the past 8 months. I really wanted WP8.

This week I decided I should jump on WP8 ASAP even if I had to settle with a temporary cheap phone (my eyes are on the Lumia 1020), so I switched to Chatr, sold my 710, and today I got the Lumia 520 after managing to grap a good deal.

Superstore is selling the phone in Canada for $119.99, so I got the Rogers-branded version, and as I was expecting it worked right away with my Chatr sim card. It would work with a Fido sim as well, but not with any other unless the phone is unlocked. It won't work with Wind or Mobilicity no matter what (unless you get the t-mobile Lumia 521 version).

I am enjoying the Lumia 520 which has been running great so far without issues. I had a stressful couple of minutes trying to learn how to take off the cover. Haven't noticed any heating at all, although I haven't started running apps yet as well, just downloading maps and other updates. I hope the phone get updated to GDR2, although it's not much of a concern. Hopefully by the end of this year I will on the Lumia 1020.

Last edited:

mutantblack

Sep 24, 2005
Visit site
Jumped ship from Note 2 to 520. I am so familiar with android and it takes me couple of days to get used to windows phone. So far lack of apps is dis-encouraging. No real notification center is another problem. Limited background running cause some apps don't get updated at all until open.

Great cheap back up phone but not for daily use for me yet.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about getting this phone solely for correct mms settings, but don't know if I'd want a camera without flash

Sent from something UhMEHZing using Tapatalk

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got a black AT&T model from Amazon yesterday, such a great value! I also noticed the local Walmarts in the SoCal area have them in stock too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3