Lumia 520 Purchases

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 520 in the mail yesterday. Haven't opened it, not sure if I will. I only got it as a backup and because it was on sale for $40. Still very happy to have it though!

quadtronix

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Got mine on Tuesday.... Signed up on these forums today... So far love the phone! Love this site! Love these forums! The 520 will be a backup to my Droid DNA. I got the 520 for about 64 dollars I believe with a pay as you go plan for 60 a month... Great deal IMO! Just testing the WP8 waters out for now. So far, very pleased!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

azteca911

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Just bought one last night on Amazon for $50 shipped. My wife has been suffering using a LG slider phone that we have 18 months until we could upgrade so we are replacing it with this. My wife loves my WP and really wanted one of her own.

Adam Fox2

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I cashed in my FeaturePoints and got mine off eBay.....but I still had to pay the taxes, which was $5.57...so out of pocket cost for my Lumia 520 was $5.57....

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a Lumia 520 via Amazon (go phone model) for $58 w/ taxes. This is for my in laws which are both 70+ in terms of age.

They had a HTC Titan that had a postpaid account but the micro USB connector broke so it wasnt charging. I took out the SIM and used some scissors and cut the SIM to the appropriate size and placed it into the Lumia 520.

First thoughts:
  • Tiles work/look fine on the smaller screen
  • Going from WP7 to WP8, everything is so much better in terms of use
  • Language use on WP8 is so much better integrated into the OS which will make use much better for them
  • They will be using just the basics, i.e. phone and text but everything else works great on the device and they feel at ease with it

I feel great about the purchase, price and use case for this phone. It works great and is just a great fit for my scenario.

One tip, the auto brightness sort of washes out the screen so I have since changed it to medium and its much, much better.

johnj2803

May 16, 2014
Visit site
i got mine at my local walmart for $52! with taxes! (it was marked $56.xx but when i got to the register it was $48.xx!!)

i think it is the best value smart phone for any operating system out there. has the latest OS and no lag at all.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey just got the 520 for my preteen as a starter phone - since it has 8gb only, does WP8.1 allow for saving to the SD card? 8gb is not enough for apps. BTW Microsoft online store was selling for no contract 49.00, new.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3