First thoughts on the 520

ROMAN SVYRYDA

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
hello, i am newbie here i already have an nokia lumia 520 and after 5-6 days of using it i see some lags when you open the store, i have the black background and it goes slow, with an white backround it goes normally, what is wrong in my nokia lumia 520??
more information and images send me an email:
romansvyryda@hotmail.com

nitt_attaboy

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
How will I change the front display orientation, proximity sensor is not working horizontally/ landscape mode??

It may be a problem of proximity sensor, first try rebooting (restarting) it. Sometimes it happens unusually.
If it doesn't respond even then, then it might be a hardware problem & so take it to Nokia care.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 520 yesterday for ?90gbp simfree which was an absolute steal at that price, as in the UK they sell phones on pay as you go and you have to buy a top up for at least ?10 and are normally networked locked..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Same wiith me, I simply cant believe it. It kills my iPhone for staying power and unlike the iPhone I can always get a replacement battery without having to send it back to the factory.

Which is why I was only interested in the 520,620 and the 820 because they all had user-replaceable batteries.

pmitchem

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have only had my Lumia 520 for one month and am still getting used to it. I took some photos on Sunday - two days later they have disappeared! Luckily I sent copies to my sister so they are not lost forever, but why did they go? Was it something I needed to do to 'save' them, or is there a problem with the phone? I had some other photos taken previously which were still there. Can you help or point me in the right direction? Many thanks
Penny

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up the 520 as a part of the Xbox Music bundle from my local Microsoft Store, and this little thing is fantastic! I'm primarily a 920 user, however the form factor and UI snappiness made me re-think what a "budget" smartphone was nowadays. Despite the 512MB of RAM, everything I currently run on my 920 runs just as fluid on this 520. My only gripe would be the display, a bit washed out and the screen feels almost "sticky." The Lumia Black update on the 520 increased the camera ISO to 1600, which makes shots at night actually really bright. The camera is no slouch either, I took some very decent shots with it. All in all, this is the best budget smartphone I've ever used, I really do not know why someone would prefer to pick up a low end Android device over this!

funnypharmacist

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have had a Lumia 510 before I shifted to an android S Duos. I was to,tired of the lag, I again made the switch to 520. I am just amazed with the phone. Smooth powerful camera and audio. App market has grown a lot.
If WP8 stays smooth I am sure I will be getting a flagship Lumia

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I will be the first to admit that I was an android ****** for a while. But I started with Windows phones during the WinMo 6.x days before going to android. Back during the release of the lumia 1020 I was amazed by the 41MP camera but did not want to jump all in due to costs and being unsure...until the 520 came along at less than $70 with tax. Despite having a Galaxy SIII I find myself enjoying the 520 very much and I am extremely surprised at the performance and smoothness (my SIII lags some). I love the UI and in some ways WP8 is far more intuitive than android. The whole experience has me wanting to use the 520 over the SIII. I am now actually considering a flagship lumia as my next upgrade because of how great this little 520 is. I honestly think the 520 is what is going to put lumia and WP8 on the fast track to being a competitor in the mobile market.

BRCWP8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Great review, I just picked up the 520 last week on sale for $60 and I love it. It's opened my eyes to WP and I'm impressed. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, just try it you'll love it.

bryanibuan

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I also love my Lumia 520. At first the battery will only last for about 4 hours, then after a couple of having it discharged and charged, it's battery life is now very impressive! The screen is also decent for its price. My only gripe is about its camera, everything looks better in viewfinder but after taking the shot, the colors are dull especially when indoors.

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! I got my 520 a week ago and it is my first WP device. I've been using Android since 2010 and had a lot of them (ranging from htc tattoo, over EVO3D and Sensation XE, to Moto RAZR). Niether of those devices has left such huge impression on me. This thing just flies!!! No lag, no app crashing... There are some bugs here and there but it's in most cases problem with app and not with the device or OS. At first i thought that 512 MB of RAM will be a huge problem but the only time I "feel" the lack of memory is with TapaTalk resuming... It takes some time to resume, and sometimes restarts the app in the process. So far no other problems noticed! :)

Display is the best you can get for the money this baby costs (and maybe even more?), speaker is loud as hell and has clear enough sound for ringtones to sound nice, and the same goes for the earpiece. And I really love the sound when listening to the music... Ok, EQ would be great add on but as amateur music producer I got used to listening to "flat" EQ settings so that's no problem for me... I should stop now before this post gets too long. All in all I love this phone. :)

Btw, as soon as I turned it on the first time I got the black update so I don't know how it worked before it. :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My brother has a 520 and the power button ended up breaking after only 4 or 5 months. About a month later the black update came out and double tap to wake finally started working properly, so it seems like a bit of a non issue now. He seems happy enough with the phone...I'm still in love with my 920.

pararigger

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
My brother has a 520 and the power button ended up breaking after only 4 or 5 months. About a month later the black update came out and double tap to wake finally started working properly, so it seems like a bit of a non issue now. He seems happy enough with the phone...I'm still in love with my 920.

I didn't think double tap to wake worked on the 520. Am I mistaken? I'm used to my 920 and 1520, maybe my nieces 520 just needs to be updated?

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12