OMG heating like hell ! Someone help

Amit Choubey1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I bought 1 Lumia 520 myself too after buying it for my brother and I just booted it up and DAMN ! Its heatinbg like hell.I have not even started my 3G connection or watching any HD videos.
Its kept quiet just using it for calling stuff and msging and its like getting too hot.What should I do someone please help ?
Did everyone faced this issue after booting up for the forst time ?
Do I have to charge my battery and then try ? Guys please help I'm feeling like throwing my phone :crying:

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you installed any chat apps? Kik, in my experience, eats battery faster than it can take a charge. I don't have any experience with that device, but I will say to take a look at what background tasks are running. Chances are, you don't need any of them to run. And kik is the devil on windows phone.

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
things to try:
switch on and off.
if that doesn't work:
soft reset: hold down volume and off button until it gives a buzz (about 10 seconds)
if that doesn't work do a hard reset:
hold down volume, off, and camera button

warning it might get stuck during the the hard reset, so before doing that download the nokia care suit and find out what your firm ware is and download that so you can recover.

hopes this helps :)

Amit Choubey1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the instant reply guys appreciated.I was just downloading a chat client and its showing 'downloading' from a long time,
The app is of 15 MB.From where I can see how much is downloaded ? and how to stop it from downloading ? there is no option to stop :-O

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
you can stop as well as check the progress of app by going to WpMarket and then ckicking on Downloads

there you will b able to see the progress of app being downloaded and to cancel it just press on that app for a while and click on Cancel

Amit Choubey1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply guys finally its not heating much now and Ashish regarding app download, now instead of the icon, there appears a black tile which is empty and I can't even click it.
What's wrong buddy can you tell me please ?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If phone is heating up, then something is using your phone!! Mine heats up quite alot if I whatsapp for an hour or something like that... Do check for background processes. Normal messaging(SMS) shouldnt do anything actually. So, it's something else :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon