Brand new Windows Phone won't charge

Olof7

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So I just got a Lumia 520 and it won't let me use it... It is just stuck at the 'low battery' screen with the red battery. I've had it plugged in for several hours, and it just won't start. Is the device faulty?
Thanks in advance!

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with my 820 two times.. Try it: unplug charger-> turn off the phone-> remove battery-> wait few seconds-> insert battery again-> plug the charger and phone will turn on automatically:) Let me know if it works.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, try to charge it by plugging into PC. If it doesn't work, I have no solution at the moment. I will take a look over other topics or other websites to find something. Personally I would suggest you to contact your local Nokia Care/Nokia account on Twitter/Facebook. If nothing works, you should visit nearest Nokia Care service. But I believe there is an solution, and we will find it. :)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm unable to help, thought that my trick with removing battery will work for you too :) I'm sorry, I suggest you to contact local Nokia Care service. If your battery is not working properly, they should replace it in 10-20minutes, depending on battery availability, amount of reports/clients. Good luck! :)

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
So I just got a Lumia 520 and it won't let me use it... It is just stuck at the 'low battery' screen with the red battery. I've had it plugged in for several hours, and it just won't start. Is the device faulty?
Thanks in advance!
how can battery be red? its default white colour i think you are using a battter app. such app get updated per 30 min. dont worry your phone is ok its getting charged

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
how can battery be red? its default white colour i think you are using a battter app. such app get updated per 30 min. dont worry your phone is ok its getting charged
Nah... He meant that he cant switch on his phone, because just after NOKIA's logo shows on screen, red battery indicator appears, and phone switches off. (that means that battery was totally discharged or faulty hardware/software, makes phone unable to turn on.)

Raver Rain

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Nah... He meant that he cant switch on his phone, because just after NOKIA's logo shows on screen, red battery indicator appears, and phone switches off. (that means that battery was totally discharged or faulty hardware/software, makes phone unable to turn on.)

he need to go to nokia care

Alex A70

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Had the exact same issue. Am getting the phone replaced. Not quite sure what the issue is. The connection with the USB works as it kind of powers up. Maybe an issue with the battery connection. Hopefully not a software issue or my phone replacement won't help.

styles90

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Please my lumia520 wont start. Anytime i put it on, it would show NOKIA and then switch off again. So what could be the problem? Is it crashed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99