Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I just got a Lumia 520 and it won't let me use it... It is just stuck at the 'low battery' screen with the red battery. I've had it plugged in for several hours, and it just won't start. Is the device faulty?
    Thanks in advance!

I had the same issue with my 820 two times.. Try it: unplug charger-> turn off the phone-> remove battery-> wait few seconds-> insert battery again-> plug the charger and phone will turn on automatically:) Let me know if it works.

Unfortunately it does not seem to work :( but thanks for your help! :)

Well, try to charge it by plugging into PC. If it doesn't work, I have no solution at the moment. I will take a look over other topics or other websites to find something. Personally I would suggest you to contact your local Nokia Care/Nokia account on Twitter/Facebook. If nothing works, you should visit nearest Nokia Care service. But I believe there is an solution, and we will find it. :-)

Yeah, connecting it to the PC did not work, big surprise haha :P

I'm unable to help, thought that my trick with removing battery will work for you too :) I'm sorry, I suggest you to contact local Nokia Care service. If your battery is not working properly, they should replace it in 10-20minutes, depending on battery availability, amount of reports/clients. Good luck! :-)

Ok! Well thanks a lot anyway! :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olof7 View Post
    So I just got a Lumia 520 and it won't let me use it... It is just stuck at the 'low battery' screen with the red battery. I've had it plugged in for several hours, and it just won't start. Is the device faulty?
    Thanks in advance!
    how can battery be red? its default white colour i think you are using a battter app. such app get updated per 30 min. dont worry your phone is ok its getting charged

Try removing the microsd card. I had this problem with my L620 and new microsd solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rakesh1995 View Post
    how can battery be red? its default white colour i think you are using a battter app. such app get updated per 30 min. dont worry your phone is ok its getting charged
    Nah... He meant that he cant switch on his phone, because just after NOKIA's logo shows on screen, red battery indicator appears, and phone switches off. (that means that battery was totally discharged or faulty hardware/software, makes phone unable to turn on.)

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martsicky View Post
    Nah... He meant that he cant switch on his phone, because just after NOKIA's logo shows on screen, red battery indicator appears, and phone switches off. (that means that battery was totally discharged or faulty hardware/software, makes phone unable to turn on.)
    he need to go to nokia care

Had the exact same issue. Am getting the phone replaced. Not quite sure what the issue is. The connection with the USB works as it kind of powers up. Maybe an issue with the battery connection. Hopefully not a software issue or my phone replacement won't help.

Please my lumia520 wont start. Anytime i put it on, it would show NOKIA and then switch off again. So what could be the problem? Is it crashed?
    I had the same problem. I took my battery out for about one minute. Replaced it. Then plugged my phone up to the computer using the USB cord and it came on! Thank goodness!

Thank you. it really helped me.

Thank you. it really helped me.