Issues with Auto update of apps

Savio Fernando

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I would like to get a clarification on the auto update of applications on Windows Phone. I have been using Windows 8 on my PC and i am getting a notification when i open the store informing me on the number of applications available for update. But same is not the case on my Windows Phone. I have to explicitly open each and every applications on the store and then find if it has an update button.

Is this a bug on the build or am i the only person getting this ?

Regards,
Savio

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I would like to get a clarification on the auto update of applications on Windows Phone. I have been using Windows 8 on my PC and i am getting a notification when i open the store informing me on the number of applications available for update. But same is not the case on my Windows Phone. I have to explicitly open each and every applications on the store and then find if it has an update button.

Is this a bug on the build or am i the only person getting this ?

Regards,
Savio

I'm getting this too, absolutely no update notifications on the WP App store.

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What I'm thinking is that you're searching for the apps before the phone gets to show you the update. You see, the way it works on WP is that it will look for updates about every 24 hours, so if you search for the app between the time it gets published and the check time, you will have an effect like the one you described.

Try waiting longer to see of it's still an issue.

Much luck!

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Goto Settings > Find my phone> Select "Send apps to my phone using Push notifications (not SMS)"
You should be getting the updates, without the need of opening store for each app.

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
the first week i had my lumia, i was getting notified of app updates. then i suspect i changed region settings and i stopped getting notified of app updates.

try setting region settings to how it was when you bought the phone (or bought the apps) see what happens and let us know

Rowan2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. Update wont show unless I look at the app listing in the store.

Quick update 20/7/13: The store automatically shown today that I had 11 updates waiting. I wonder if it only did the check recently because yesterday I turned on persistent wifi? (my cellular data signal is very poor)

Last edited:

Savio Fernando

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Folks,

I was so desperate to get this fixed and i found the link for the online windows phone support (https://gethelp.live.com/en-us/Pages/wp8.aspx) and had a live chat with one of the executives.

Following are the steps to get this working

1. Remove the store tile from the start screen
2.Open internet explore and click on the "..." by the bottom right corner and navigate to settings
3.Click on "Delete History" and clear all the browsing history
4.On the same page, click on "Advanced Settings"
5."Accept All" Cookies from websites and apps
6.Once you are done with these settings , restart the phone and place the store tile again on the start screen.

I know u ll be frustrated even after the restarting the phone coz u wont be able to see the list of updates. But give it some time and it will start appearing again.

I did the same and in about one hour i got about 11 updates listed which was so surprising coz i am seeing them for the first time.

Hope this works for other 520 s as well

Thanks

Savio

AlvaroSoliz94

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the same problem with my Lumia 920. I did every single step, and I'm waiting until tomorrow morning for results. I'll comment if this was successful to me as well.

Thank you !

lumiauser

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Savio,

Tried all other options available in this regard but in vain. Gave a shot at steps mentioned by you. Hope for the best. Thanks for sharing.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
People, people, people....listen to Savio. It works. You have to give it like 24-48 hrs after to have it start up again. If it still does not work for you, then your holding it wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa